Observer

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

This is not the answer , a potential one though if Chrome is not up to date

You can do this unplug your Modem and wi fi or ethernet router (802.11ac)

for 15 minutes (about q 3 days on reboot + Computer shut down  (and do in order and follow plug in in reverse

Does not help We have Ultimate Internet 50mbs d-load speed , twcc.com buffers freezes

Yet Netflix or Amazon (prime videos ) a Non-Issue , this started April 2015 when screen changed from a laptop

to the multi show(TV-Film screen where log in )

TWC HELP

Man Indifferent Smiley Sad  Cat Sad  Robot Sad  Woman Sad

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right click on the video > Click Settings > Uncheck Enable hardware acceleration.

This gave me back HD video and minimized buffering in Chrome (latest)

Observer

The TWC TV App works fine on my 2 smart TV's, 2 ROKUs, 1 iPhone, and 2 iPads.  It always buffers on my Windows 10 and did so on earlier versions of the operating system as well.  All of these are on the same network.  So, what does that tell you?  

TWC is either not willing to fix the problem or they are incapable of fixing it.

Newcomer

Either this helped, or by coincidence after doing this the buffering reduced drastically.

THANKS!

drevo wrote:

Right click on the video > Click Settings > Uncheck Enable hardware acceleration.

This gave me back HD video and minimized buffering in Chrome (latest)

Newcomer

Buffering all the time! Don't know if it's a change from silverlight to flash or what, but Netflix seems to get it right.  Wonder when Time Warner will ask for help from someone who knows how to get it right.

Newcomer

The app is crap.  I have 200+ mbps down and 50+ up bandwidth.  The buffering issue occurs on ALL browsers, Chrome, IE, FireFox and with the latest updates.  The issue is with the Web App and not the browsers.  I have already switched over to a more reliable streaming alternative and will be canceling my cable service this week.

Contributor

To the person I helped, I'm glad it seemed to work for you. After I tried it, it also seemed to work at first, but I'm still suffering from the same issues with or without hardware accelleration. 

The only solution to this that I can think of is using this link to make your voice heard:

https://consumerist.com/2008/11/04/reach-time-warner-cable-executive-customer-service-2/

Rookie

"An error occurred during playback"...on all channels once again.Why do I even bother with TWC? Oh yeah, no competition. I forgot.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

petekarn

This is a separate issue you are experiencing.  I apologize the service is not working correctly. We are aware of the issue and our engineers are working on a resolution. Unfortunately, there is not an ETA.

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

N/A

I have a problem that I'm not sure is buffering. When I try to watch NICK HD on my Samsung Tab 10.3 it looks as if the show is running at 2 or 3 times the speed, then buffers, then does this over and over again. It's almost like it tries to play what it has in buffer at twice the speed. Weird. This is the only network I have seen this happen on.