I found a fix that worked for me

This Fix Worked For Me :

This was happening to me and here is how I fixed the problem. I know this thread is old but it looks like people are still having the problem. Not sure if a fix is posted anywhere else so here it is. Start the service up and right click in the area where the video is playing. Click settings and you should see a tick box that says Enable hardware acceleration. make sure that is unchecked and thats it! It worked perfectly for me after that.

Newcomer

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

That is not all that can effect it, I have been and continue to have the problem.

But here is a whole list of all the things you can do to speed it up a bit.

1- Right mouse click on your active twc tv app screen and select settings and slide the bar on the local storage tab to unlimited.  No matter what it will always say 0KB used by twc app. I have seen this bug in there programing all the way back when it was Silverlight. I have sent TWC tech department detailed code on how to fix this issue but they do not listen to me. On the App end when it is programed they need to have the TWC app call for local storage but they never do. I have checked there code. That would solve all there problems and it take about 60 min to fix on their end.

2- In Internet Explorer you should also go to properies and and expand the amount of cache for webs sites to its max. The max is only about a 1 gig. So not a big deal for todays Hard drives.

3- if you have any kind of software dictating the priority that individual apps get over you network card increase make sure that your browser and a program called BStream_C gets high prority on the internet conection.

4- go to the adobe flash site and make sure you have the newest version installed they change all the time and they are always working on bugs. I wish TWC did the same.

good luck and keep posting. 

Since disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" In the 'advanced options' of the 'Settings' menu, I've had no buffering issues using Chrome 48.0.2564.97 m to watch TWC on my PC.

Rookie

Time Warner Cabling Live TV..."An error occurred during playback"...on all channels once again. Why shoud we be surprised?

Rookie

[ Edited ]

Live TV streaming...biggest (edited) ever invented. No problem with Hulu or Netflix. But hey, I don't pay them $200+ every month. Unbelieveable.

Spectator

TWC TV honestly has aweful streaming

Yeah, this app is still complete garbage for me.  Constant buffering, despite >100Mbps down.  I can watch CNBC on TWCTV and have tons of issues, while having CNBC's own stream open at the same time working flawlessly.  

TWC, this is unacceptable, and extremely disappointing given that people have been posting about it for a year.  I will be ditching you as soon as I possibly can.

Rookie

Hey, excellent response and answer.  Amazing it took someone OTHER than TWC this long to post a fix.  Turning off hardware acceleration seems to be working ---- usually I buffer after 10 minutes.  Been watching live tv for 25 minutes now with no buffering.  Thanks again.

Newcomer

Unfortunately, I'm still having problems, even with acceleration turned off. I never get lag in general internet use, and have a very good computer video card, etc. Happens on all our pc's and laptops, too. It's like TWC just doesn't really care if it works well or not, it's been this way for a long time.

I notice it seems to happen more when TWC's commercials come on. That seems to be a triggering event. Not sure if it's just perception or reality, but seems that way.

Newcomer

Solution didn't work for me