Observer

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

The TWC App works without buffering on my ROKU 3.  However, like everyone else it constantly (every 3 to 5 mins) buffers on my PC.  They've increased my internet speed and run new cable, but nothing seems to work.

Observer

Just in case someone from TWC is following this subject, here is another clue . . . 

. . . buffering appears to worse when viewing commercials

vet
Newcomer

Time Warner buffering issue during popular viewing times--evenings, holidays etc.--cannot stream anything at busy viewing times. Last yearTW sent out people--checked and re checked my equipment--wasted so much of my time.  They KNEW it was an overload problem--but acted like it was a problem with my equipment   I had to contact Attorney Generals office in Columbus Ohio before Time Warner finally admitted to NODE OVERLOAD and fixed the problem. Node overload happening again in Worthington Ohio--looks like I need to contact Attorney Generals office again.

Expert

Same here in Macedonia, called the Ohio cable tv association and lodged a complaint...

Expert

Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same issue with TWC in Dallas. TWC keeps on telling me that it is my equipment that is at fault but the buffering mainly happens in the evening when most people are online. Would you mind sharing the procedure for contacting the Attorney Generals office so I can contact the appropriate office for my state.

Thanks.

Newcomer

I have the same problem in Maine. I can stream the app fine. I can stream Netflix Amazon etc. On multiply Rokus and pcs at the same time. Shut everything off and try to stream live tv on one pc...........buffering......buffering.....buffering and low quality no hd. What a joke.

Observer

i have seen this situation happen many times with many different companies before. my twc app on all my android devices works perfectly, also on my xbox 360 no buffering, no picture quality problems which is wierd because there was always small periodic issues with picture degradation. this tells me two things 1) there has been a concentrated effort to fix any and all problems associated with "apps". 2) they either don't have a big enough team too fix it all at once, don't know how to fix twc.com or don't care right now.

Observer

also with my twc.com on demand works just fine its the live tv and the guide that i have a problem with.

N/A

Same issue here TWC in Los Angeles area.

200/20mbps connection

LOVE my internet. Streaming works fine on Netflix, TwitchTV, Youtube etc.

Only issue I have is with the buffering on my PC (dont try apps on anything else)

video2.timewarnercable.com

Tried in Internet Explorer and Chrome. Same issue.