Re: Twc tv app always buffering

this is the worst app I use....I pay so much money for TWC every month and this is the part of the service I use the most. Did I say this thing is terrible? So many pixels and buffering pauses/skips, HIRE BETTER CODERS, GET BETTER HARDWARE, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

Don't even try to complain to customer service about this.....well unless you speak Urdu/Hindi/Bengali. I really wish some company would just get this right.

Participant

I commented in this forum way back in April and it still has not changed.  I am located in So. Cal.  On Demand is good, but Live TV is terrible, it always is buffering.  As I have said in numerous posts here I watch a ton of video, hulu, cbs, nbc, surfline, and very rarely do any of the others buffer, but TWC Live TV is constantly buffering.  I use my own modem and wi-fi network and have an excellent signal (all five bars) at my desktop computer.  When I test my speed it is always around 50 Mbps or faster and a very flat line (no peaks and valleys), but I still get the buffering on Live TV  .For the amount of money I spend with this company I feel that it really should be better..

Everyone's Tags (1)

Problem SOLVED: Time Warner Cable is not capable of providing consistent, quality streaming to your computer.  Yet they advertise that they can and do. The definition for this is "consumer fraud."

Observer

Mine has been buffering freezing not showing me on my home network, But the buffering is just plain wrong and so is time warner I have had these issues sense startin touse this on my pc. After over 50 plus calls to twc for this and other issues twc refuses to agknowlege that ANY PROBLEM is thier responsibility and NEVER not once has any issue brought to thier attention been corrected. Calling C/S is a complete waist of time all they do is patronize and say they are sorry they will send out a tech when the come they can find no issue. TWC is according to my looking on the web the worst rated company in the world! So live with it nothing will change

TA1
Newcomer

As I previously posted in the Flash not working thread this is worth a try if you are using Firefox.

1. Run uninstall_flash_player

2. Run install_flash_player_18_plugin

The bold text is the actual adobe file name. It seems TWC may not have caught up with the most recent flash player changes or the flash player updates are less than optimal. I am sure there are similar files for Chrome.

First off, thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. When TWC keeps denying there's a problem, and the speed test admittedly shows a good data rate, it's easy to end up thinking--especially when you keep getting an "assist" from CS--that the problem is on your end. Something to do with your tablet, your smartphone, your laptop, etc. So it's heartening to have confirmation that no, it's not some defect or software conflict or whatever on my equipment. It's the deficits in technology, capacity, and upkeep of a company that won't spend a dime more than necessary to stay just above the performance threshold that forestalls a mass defection to other providers.

Nothing will improve service other than a threat to revenues. But changing to another provider will still have us in a situation of paying too much money for unsatisfactory service. It's a tough predicament being a consumer in an oligopoly. In a free market, consumers can influence corporations by threatening to give their business to a competitor. In an oligopoly, the plight of the consumer is similar to the plight of the exploited worker in a company town. The worker can quit, but by doing so she remains the injured party, not the company. The only way to force things in the direction of greater fairness is for the workers to unite, so that they can threaten revenues by going on strike. We, the dissatisfied customers of TWC, likewise could, at least in theory, unite and go on a bill-paying strike. With enough customers participating, TWC would be forced to reckon with our complaints. Otherwise, what are they going to do? Cut off service to several million customers, which would in turn threaten the revenue from the media companies that pay to reach a viewership of a certain size? And then there would be the follow-on effects: negative publicity, politicians looking to grandstand through a congressional investigation, TWC's one or two competitors making hay of the whole situation.

Any gifted organizers out there?

And anyone want to take bets on how long this post will stay up--1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day?

Participant

Kingfischer, I was one of the first to make a comment in this thread, back in April.  I still encounter the buffering even though I  get over 50 Mbps most all the time.  Even after TW increased our speed in the area, I still get the buffering on live tv.  The thread will stay up, probably cause no one from TW looks or answers these threads.

Observer

I guess the complaints are working tonite as the voice started 8pm in the west 90%of bandwidth lost slower than dial up. Twc.tv not only doesn't buffer it won't even load. Nice twc you continue to impress in your efforts to be the worst company in America I had to use my phone to post this
Seasoned Contributor

As TWC is incapable of noticing that there is any issue they are still thinking that they are the best because they have revamped their customer service. So now you will be better informed on when they are going to arrive on time and do absolutely NOTHING to fix the issue because they BELIEVE that there is no issue. Wonder if that culture came from the top?

Newcomer

Either Way there's a Problem with Buffering, wether is with the speed or the TWCTV Website. The TWCTV is NOT Supposed to be counted towards your bandwidth, and was advertised this way in the beginning.