Contributor

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

I have tried that and it got me nowhere. I was expected to do a speed test that takes a minute or more to complete to prove a buffering issue that lasts for maybe 20 seconds at a time. There is this idea that if I can not prove to them that the issue exists then there is no issue. Also, because their graphs for the CMTS that I am on does not show anything, there is no issue.

Not sure what their graphs tell them but based on their "graphs" nobody is experiencing any issues and we are all imagining the buffering issue. If everybody just believes that there is no problem, the buffering will go away.

Rookie

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problem with this app sice at least 2013 possibly even earlier I just can't remember.

Dosen't matter if my device is a tablet, laptop, smartphone, desktop PC, MAC...

Dosen't matter if the operating system is windows, linux, mac OS.

Dosen't matter if the browser is Internet Explorer, Chrome, Fire Fox, Opera....

Dosen't matter if my router is Linksys, Cisco, D-Link, Netgear...

Dosen't matter if its 2013, 2014, 2015...

Buffering, buffering, buffering... Almost every tv program, morning, noon, and night 24/7 - 365.

Time Warner cable's servers just can't handle the load. (The problem is not on my end, the problem is not on your end, dear reader of this reply.) After so many years of this it's now completely clear that this company is never going to upgrade the capacity of there servers. They don't care. They continue to get my money anyway as my area has no other alternative for internet & tv...

Well played TWC, well played...

Some of TWC's services work rather well, but the tv app has never ever been in that number.

Rookie

And you wonder why people hate TWC. My lovely buffering post was deleted.

Good job. I'm going to cancel my service, get whatever I can off the air and drop doing to Verizon's pitifully slow service. I would rather use dialup, or hell, even my cell phone at this point.

The only way they'll listen is when it costs them revenue.

Read this post quick, the mod will just delete it.

TWC Streaming App buffers every like 2-3 minutes for a good 30-40 seconds.  Drew Brees gets the snap annnnnnnd BUFFERING --- when it recovers they are setting up for the next play.  Is Uverse any better?

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I also have buffering problem.

I always used to watch shows on my ipad while getting work done on my computer. In the last week or so, suddenly everything on the TWC app is buffering constantly. Really dissappointed.

rlodge wrote:
Why is this app always buffering? It's most annoying when watching a movie or the news channel without it pausing every few minutes and sometimes just freezes. So.......how can this be corrected?

Same constant buffering here.  I watch an entire football game on NFL Sunday Ticket without any buffering and can watch any other videos through the internet without buffering, but TWC TV constantly buffers on my IMac, laptop, Ipad, etc.  Several times I pursued this with TWC support and they simply concluded "it was a local issue."

Newcomer

The android app isnt giving me problems, but the TWC TV website is just awful. Non-HD, always buffering, and horrible UI. Compared to the app, the website is still stuck in 2009. It's not my internet (I have extreme), its not my browser as I have tried and upgraded every browser, so it has to be on their end. The On-Demand portion of the website is pretty ok and the video quality is actually decent, its just live TV thats garbage.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I have constant bufferring issues too. The only reason to have TWC is because of the flexibility to stream cable on my PC. TWC does not allow me to use CNN.com, or any other networks websites for streaming. So they have to get the streaming work on the TWC website.

Valued Participant

Same here.

On the PC: Horrible Quality, like 480P quality, always in some state of issue, like buffering or Flash plugin crashed (was more reliable with silverlight.)

On The XBox One: Reasonable quality, but it hangs on loading sometime, and the app needs to be killed and restarted.

Samsung Smart TV: Either it forgets my login and have to login 2 or more times a day, or hangs at 95% loading, until the "This channel is not available message" appears. The quality varies, from very poor quality to fair -- far from consistant. During 5 minutes of watching anything, it can go from very poor, to ok, back to poor quality. Never once did I get anything close to 1080 quality.

If this is supposed to be an STB replacement, it's not working. Why can't bandwidth no longer being used by the STB be used for this? Why can't I get the same quality of an STB on the app?

The industry is really now moving to 4K, and we can't even get a 720P stream properly working, let alone a 1080P. I bet we'll finally get 1080P when the industry standard moves to 8K in 2017/18 -- but I doubt it.