Participant

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

It's been how long since I initally reported the buffering.  Like I said before it doesn't happen anywhere else, Hulu, CBS, Fox, etc, but TWC-live tv sure does buffer often.    

Spectator

I just got the upgrade to my speed to 200mbps and the buffering has, I think has gotten worse than when I had 30mbps.  Right now I have been watching “Buffering” in the center of my computer screen for about five minutes.  This is something that needs to be fixed since there seems to be plenty of speed available and like most are saying other services like Netflix are working just fine.  What good is the service if you have it pauses every few minutes?  I think TWC charges an adequate amount for their service, they charge more than any utility and in my case they charge more than all the other utilities combined.  It is disgraceful that they would let this go on for months and I guess years, without fixing the problem.  This is just another example of big companies that don’t care about their customers!

Newcomer

I am having the same issue. It was bad when SilverLight was the platform and it seems worse now that they have moved to Flash. I have spoken with support at least 5 times about this issue. They always "escalate" my issue to a higher power that is equally incapable of reading my problem and providing assitance. Then they insist that it is my machines/lines etc. Even though I have had them out and eveything checks out. I can run Netflix, Hulu and Youtube simultaneously in seperate browser tabs. While playing those videos there are 10-15 other devices on the network with no buffering. I still get great ping and up and down speeds. Always over 30Mpbs even when my network is under a heavy load. I am really getting tired of paying over $250 a month for garbage. Darn monopolies. Last night all I wanted to do is watch "Turn:Washington's Spys," but buffer, buffer and buffer. I was talking to another IT friend and he just waits a few minutes after shows air and downloads them from torrent sites. So way to go Time Warner for making such a crappy viewing platform and having such crappy tech support. BTW "John Smith" is not American and he can barely write or speak english

Rookie

happens to my as well buffer and the local channels come and go.. 

Valued Contributor

A terrible experience. Stuttering on both audio and video, every channel. IE 9 for Vista is unsupported due to an outdated version. It used to be fine with Silverlight. The latest Chrome auto updated is choppy and make me blink repeatedly. It used to be fine with Silverlight. The latest Firefox auto updated is choppy and make me blink repeatedly. It used to be fine with Silverlight. It's all really disappointing. Connection is 100/10 in L.A. area. 

Newcomer

I have the same problem.  I wonder if TWC even reads their forums because this has been an issue for a long time. You pay your hard-earned money for their services and they don't even seem to care.  I hope there's a solution and I just haven't seen it yet, so I guess I'll keep looking Smiley Sad

This is a maddening experience.  Constant buffering renders this unwatchable on my laptop. Works better on my phone.  Is there some setting that needs to be tweaked?

I have tried IE, FireFox, and Chrome.  All recently updated with latest plugins.  Still in Buffering hell.  Why is it I can stream HBO Now, Amazon Prime, and Netflix with no buffering and yet I can't watch a single program or channel on TWC all the way through?

Is anyone from TWC even reading these posts?

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

If you are looking for direct support please do feel free to contact us at any time.

We can be reached a number of ways:

Email: TWCable.Help@twcable.com
Twitter: @TWC_Help
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/messages/twc

Thanks,
James M.
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Thank you James but I don't require direct support.  The problem is not unique to me.  I am looking for the resolution to a problem many users are experiencing.  The buffering is so consistant that it is impossible to watch anything.  What is being done to fix this issue?