Newcomer

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

Me too!! this is the worst TV on PC software.  Why was it better with TWC???? Spectrum says it has mad e thing better! But they did raise the price!

Newcomer

direct cable connection to a pc works great but the whole point of having wifi is to watch tv on my lap top. wifi sucks 20 seconds of watching then 2 minutes of buffering, non stop , and once again only with this app everything else I watch is perfect . Im 10 ft from the wifi box. What am I paying for ?

Lead Moderator

@jskaldskal 

You indicate that you have this problem only on WiFi. 

Sounds to me like you are having problems with the connection not with 

Spectrum TV.  I encourage you to post in the connectivity forum to look into that issue.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

why so much buffering. other internet vid suppliers dont why do you? and could you fix it? its annoying. Thanks

Newcomer

If you are using the Spectrum App on a Smart TV or Roku box that is getting the TV programming over WiFi, it could very well be your WiFi signal is not strong enough where the TV is located.  To test this theory, temporarily move the TV next to the WiFi modem/router.  If the problem clears up, you will need to purchase a "WiFi extender".  Spectrum does not provide these.  Experiment where to put the extender, but in general the best place will be about half-way between your WiFI modem/router and the TV.  --Dan

N/A

I'm curious. did you EVER receive any sort of reply from TWC?
I've had this problem for years. My browsers are the latest version and my wifi speed is 144mbps. We have TWC installed in our apartment in Manhattan, and a house in western Massachusetts. The same problem, and lack of responsiveness from TWC in both locations.
Community Manager

@Andy32

Buffering is usually a connection issue and requires individual troubleshooting.  If the issue is not resolved,  please contact us  for assistance at 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager