Highlighted
Rookie

Twc tv app always buffering

Why is this app always buffering? It's most annoying when watching a movie or the news channel without it pausing every few minutes and sometimes just freezes. So.......how can this be corrected?
90 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Twc tv app always buffering

did this just start up?

Looks like it's the change from Silverlight to Flash...

Rookie

Recently I've notice the constant loading and freezes every few minutes. Very annoying.
Participant

[ Edited ]

I have encountered the same problem the last few days, doesn't matter wether I use Chrome or IE.  Both are the newest versions availabe.  I totally cleared all cache, cookies, and history in Chrome and that did not help.  I have no problem viewing on Hulu, CBS, YouTube (at the highest possible quality), Fox, CW, doesn't matter who, I have no problems,  JUST TW"s OnDemand!!  just thought I should add that I am located in Southern California.

Participant

[ Edited ]

the log on screen is now much prettier now..LOL!

Expert

Lucky you.. mine won't load, claims the latest version of flash is not new enough...

I need to route around the program manager and see what's going on with flash.

Participant

MsRaye, if you are using Chrome, click the tool bars and then click "about google chrome" it will check if there are newer versions and install them, the newest flash is included.  If you are using IE go to Adobe, in search, write in flash, there will be a subheading 'get support' click that and you can check that you are using the newest flash.

Good Luck!

Observer

Same here get alot of buffering, on the plus side I get alot more channels now, but doesnt out weigh the constant buffering

Participant

It has been about a week and it's still the same.  I don't have this problem with any other apps.  This is live TV but I don't have this problem with Fox, CBS, YouTube,. Hulu, FX, the only probler is with this app,  Live TV on TWC is the only one I watch that has this buffering problem.  

Newcomer

I have the same problem,..doesn't matter what channel your on, it buffers way too much. Every couple of minutes, the longest it has gone without buffering is roughly 12 minutes. This needs to be fixed, I have never had this problem until the last week or so.