Tv app

It needs to be updated so if you record a show or movie on your phone with the spectrum tv app you should have the option to watch what you record on your mobile device also. Very disappointed on that feature. Please fix
2 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Tv app

I am sure many people would enjoy this feature if it were to become available. Including myself.

This of course would require the app to connect to the  dvr on which the recording is stored.  Not the easiest thing in the world mind you but doable. Hope they take your suggestion seriously. 

Please be aware although I am a Spectrum/TWC Employee, My posts are my own perspectives and understandings. Not Official Statements of my employer.
Spectrum Employee

Re: Tv app

There are other underlying issues around this, in particular the possibility of DMCA violations. Lets say you record a movie from HBO, then take your tablet/laptop over to your friends house and play it there. That is technically a DMCA violation if that household does not currently pay for HBO themselves. There is a Cloud DVR feature in the works however, but it will not allow you to play recordings from your cable box. It will essentially treat your TWC TV Account as a stand-alone DVR, allowing you to record shows and playback those shows from my TWC TV Account only. So watch for that feature to become more widely available.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions