Contributor

Re: TWCTV.com hasn't been serviced or changed in years

BLURRY

Contributor

All of this happened in 45 minutes. Can't even finish one show!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the debbie doubters, here's a TWC sanctioned speed test to servers clear across the country. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

BLURRY AND BUFFERING at the same time. All I need now to complete my attempt to watch ONE SHOW is another shockwave crash. Of course there are all the problems I can't capture in a screenshot: Freezing video, studdering / stopping / repeating audio, all happening every 1-2 minutes. Come on TWC! No known issues - I doubt that. To me it seems like plenty of known issues on PC/laptop but there are directives to ignore them all in favor of mobile.

TWC Employee

Hi Daniel,

I'm the product manager for the TWC TV suite of apps, including TWCTV.com.  I can assure you the site is updated regularly, although many of the changes are not customer facing.  That said, I'm concerned that you have been seeing these issues for so long.  You are correct that we use different streaming methods for web vs mobile.  

If you don't mind, we are scheduled to launch an update of the site today to introduce some new search features and an updated video player. Could you check performance tomorrow & let us know if you're still seeing issues?  If you are, I will assemble of a group of folks from our CDN and from our development team and we will dig in.  

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Greg

Contributor

Greg, thank you for this update! I'll gladly take a look tomorrow and see how TWCTV.com performs. I'll report back to this thread.

I appreciate your attention to this longstanding issue.

Regards

Community Manager

Just an FYI, the update has been delayed until tomorrow morning.

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Contributor

Hi Phil,

It doesn't look like the update has been pushed out yet. Can we expect it today? Yesterday and today the service has been behaving worse than ever before.

Thanks,

Spectator

[ Edited ]

The update is pushed out (you can see because TWC player has been updated to 1.4.1) and E! channel is stuttering as usual on certain shows, while NBC audio is slightly out of sync amongst other problems. Seems like nothing has been fixed.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the update was pushed out. Everything seemed fine for about 10 minutes. Then I got stuck in Buffering for 5 minutes straight. 

But in that time, it looks like it was because they moved the stream to a new CDN server. It was originally using 71.74.45.139. But now it's using 71.74.45.129. I experienced the buffering during that switch to a new IP.