Highlighted
Rookie

TWC TV no channels available away from home

Right now I'm away from home for work and yesterday I checked on my TWC app to make sure a channel was available so i could watch a game the next morning and it worked fine. The next morning I tried to load it up and it said "we apologize but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later", it does this on my computer and app for every channel. I looked around and it seemed that resetting the router/modem was the fix but it didnt work. Any help would be appreciated!
10 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home


Kmcannon96 wrote:
Right now I'm away from home for work and yesterday I checked on my TWC app to make sure a channel was available so i could watch a game the next morning and it worked fine. The next morning I tried to load it up and it said "we apologize but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later", it does this on my computer and app for every channel. I looked around and it seemed that resetting the router/modem was the fix but it didnt work. Any help would be appreciated!

 

Which modem / router did you reset?  And did it belong to you, as you being your statement that you are away from home...

 

In a nutshell, the TWC TV apps only work when they are connected to, or downstream of, the modem associated with your internet service.  So yes, you can watch on your phone / PC / tablet when connected to your home LAN, but not when you are on the road (say in a hotel on business travel, or out at a restaurant).

 

You CAN use TV-to-Go apps if the providers support it.  Some that come to mind are FX, FXX, FXM, Fox, NBCSN, AMC, TNT, HBO, and Showtime.  I was able to watch live streams of hockey on NBCSN, live streams of "The Strain" on FX, and live streams of "The Walking Dead" when I was away from home on travel, by using the dedicated apps for these channels on my Roku and/or laptop, and NOT my TWCTV app.

 

 

Rookie

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home

I just had online chat with TWC they stated they knew about issue and it is a "server" problem they are working on it

Rookie

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home

As i mentioned, the night before it was working away from the home with twc, but thank you
Spectator

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home

I work from home on my PC and I watch Live TV all day everyday while Im working from my PC. This happens on a daily bases for me along with many disconnects, pauses, channel resets, and like now I cant watch live TV at all,, its down again. Im paying for the best package.

Sharer

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home


Kmcannon96 wrote:
As i mentioned, the night before it was working away from the home with twc, but thank you

I actually checked on my ipod touch.  Apparently the only channels that I can watch away from home are:

 

FX, QVC, and HSN.  I learn something new every day...

Established Sharer

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home


dstoffa wrote:


You CAN use TV-to-Go apps if the providers support it.  Some that come to mind are FX, FXX, FXM, Fox, NBCSN, AMC, TNT, HBO, and Showtime.  I was able to watch live streams of hockey on NBCSN, live streams of "The Strain" on FX, and live streams of "The Walking Dead" when I was away from home on travel, by using the dedicated apps for these channels on my Roku and/or laptop, and NOT my TWCTV app.

 

 


If I may... the TNT app is not currently available to legacy TWC or TWC/Spectrum customers, only legacy Charter Spectrum customers.

Boz
Sharer

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home


reds91185 wrote:

dstoffa wrote:


You CAN use TV-to-Go apps if the providers support it.  Some that come to mind are FX, FXX, FXM, Fox, NBCSN, AMC, TNT, HBO, and Showtime.  I was able to watch live streams of hockey on NBCSN, live streams of "The Strain" on FX, and live streams of "The Walking Dead" when I was away from home on travel, by using the dedicated apps for these channels on my Roku and/or laptop, and NOT my TWCTV app.

 

 


If I may... the TNT app is not currently available to legacy TWC or TWC/Spectrum customers, only legacy Charter Spectrum customers.


This is true, and it it RIDICULOUS!

Sharer

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home


reds91185 wrote:

 


If I may... the TNT app is not currently available to legacy TWC or TWC/Spectrum customers, only legacy Charter Spectrum customers.


Well that might be true...  But I was able to use it to watch "The Last Ship" a while ago with a little help from my brother, who is an Optimum subscriber....

 

Spectator

Re: TWC TV no channels available away from home

[ Edited ]

Well today it lasted for a few hours and now once again the service is not available. Smiley Sad

 

And all Im trying to watch is FOX news,