Newcomer

TWC TV App

This is annoying more than anything.  After two techs, two modem reboots - go downstairs unplug everything, check to see if cable wire is bent, plug everything back in - not able to return to same tech afterwards even though i used the link she provided me.  Rebooting the desk top twice too of course!!  I still cannot get the TWC TV app to load properly on the desk top.  This really serves  only as background during the day but I pay for it and I am not receiving the service that I pay for.  Now it is eating up my Thursday with these techs and repeating the same action over with the second tech and no success.

PROBLEM:  I cannot view any On Demand shows and I have limited access or none to live shows now.  The error is either I must be connected to my home network...can't get anymore home than I am right now...or, the show is unavailable right now, try later, or another and when I do, the message repeats!

I don't have time to contact TWC again today but will this evening.  THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED!

9 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC TV App

Have you tried unplugging both the cable box and the modem? They might be out of sync.

Spectrum Employee

Are you having any issues with the cable in your home through your box(s)? If you are and there are some signal level issues going on in the home, that can affect the recognition of service you should be receiving through the TWC TV app.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Helper

Remove the App if its on a Roku or other device, unplug it, reinstall it. For PC all I can suggest is try a different browser or delete the cookies.
Newcomer

twice now, first thing each phone tech had me do, no change.

Newcomer

No, that is not the issue
Newcomer

it is my pc, I am using Google Chrome, I will delete the cookies and see if that makes a difference.
Newcomer

remains unresolved as of today

The twc tv app is a JOKE. No matter what I channel I try to watch, I get the same thing. I get nothing but a PIXELATED, UNWATCHABLE, CRAPPY picture. Did your "app developers" even test the app before subjecting your paying customers to this garbage? I recently switched back to Time Warner after having Verizon FIOS for two years, and I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Verizon is a superior product in EVERY way. I'll give Time Warner another month to get their act together, otherwise it's back to Verizon I go.
Observer

The app has been working but now when I try to watch something on my PC that I've watched recently, it says:  "we see you are away from home. Full lineup will be restored when you return home and reconnect to your home network".  I AM AT HOME! 

I checked the device setting and it shows I'm connected to my set top box.

When I tried troubleshooting, the suggestion is to reboot, etc.  I rebooted the set top box this morning, still can't get the full lineup of channels!

It also said to uninstall and reinstall the app.  I would if I could find it on my PC.

SPECTRUM:  you've promised a lot for this merger.  It's time to clean up Time Warner's mess!