Highlighted
Browser

SpectrumTV is broken: Error WPC-1005 5/13/2018

Logged into watch.spectrum.net -- message says "Service unavailable: We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again. If you contact us, please provide this error code: WPC-1005." Tried on three browsers with same result. Have been "trying again" off and on for several hours.

Possibly related: I logged into myservices.timewarnercable.com to check my account status. When I selected the "Equipment" tab I get "We're sorry; we were not able to retrieve your services and equipment at this time."

Unfortunately, these are not isolated circumstances. The services at watch.spectrum.net are frequently non-functional. The ability to schedule a recording when away from home would be really useful, but it works only about half the time I access it.

Does Spectrum post current outages anywhere?

7 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: SpectrumTV is broken: Error WPC-1005

Having same issue here. Seems to happen at least once a week. Watching TV shouldn't be this difficult.
Observer

I'm having the same issue.  Frustrating.

Not applicable

ditto, error wpc-1005.  currently in queue to chat with someone in tech support. 

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon. 

Our apologies for the frustration this is causing. We are currently working to restore 

this service. We will have that back up and running normally as quickly as possible. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Re: SpectrumTV is broken: Error WPC-1005 5/13/2018

Ditto regularly...looking into direct tv or htc

Browser

Access has been restored -- thanks.

I do want to repeat my last question:  Does Spectrum post current outages anywhere that is accessible to subscribers?

This would go a long way toward improving your PR image.
Lead Moderator

Good morning. 

I am sorry I did not post the answer earlier.  At this time we do not have a website where you can view the current area issues. In some cases you will see notification of a known issue when logged into My Account under the troubleshooting tab.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums