N/A

SpectrumTV app consistently unreliable

Spectrum TV app and internet consistently kicks me off on numerous times at 5-10 times while watching a sports show or movie on the app. The channel lineup guide is whole other issue. It populate sometimes and then will not so then you have to restart the app just to see the lineup. I’m not sure if it’s spectrum internet or the app.
4 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: SpectrumTV app consistently unreliable

BigH77 wrote:
Spectrum TV app and internet consistently kicks me off on numerous times at 5-10 times while watching a sports show or movie on the app. The channel lineup guide is whole other issue. It populate sometimes and then will not so then you have to restart the app just to see the lineup. I’m not sure if it’s spectrum internet or the app.

Are you consistently kicked off even when not on the Spectrum TV app? Post your modems signal levels and event log pages.

Lead Moderator

What type of device are you using the app on? Do you have the same result when using an alternate device? 

What speeds are you currently seeing? Do you notice the Internet dropping normally or just having the issue with the Spectrum TV product? 

When you say it kicks you off, what happens? Do you see buffering, pausing? Does it log you out or does the app close down? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

N/A

What type of device are you using the app on? I am using the app on my ROKU device
Do you have the same result when using an alternate device? No I only get connection problems while using the ROKU

What speeds are you currently seeing?
Not sure how to even check this.

Do you notice the Internet dropping normally or just having the issue with the Spectrum TV product? It happens more with the spectrum app and sometimes on the sling TV app.

When you say it kicks you off, what happens? It will lose connection saying connection lost.

Do you see buffering, pausing? Yes I do.

Does it log you out or does the app close down? It freezes and drops me from the channel and I have to close and reopen the app.
Community Manager

@BigH77

It sounds like you are having a connection issue.  Typically, restarting the modem after deleting and reinstalling the app resolve most issues.  If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care