Spectrum TV Stream

Hello,

I signed up to try this free for 30 days.  it shows TV Stream listed in my account, but they tell me it takes 72 hours to activate?  Does that sound right? 72 hours?

Also, does anyone know if you can get local channels with the Stream?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum TV Stream

bap4201 wrote:

Hello,

I signed up to try this free for 30 days.  it shows TV Stream listed in my account, but they tell me it takes 72 hours to activate?  Does that sound right? 72 hours?

Also, does anyone know if you can get local channels with the Stream?

Thanks.

Hello,

Changes to, or swaps of equipment can take between 48-72 hours to activate.  That is correct.  The channels that you get through the stream depends on Spectrum having the rights to carry that channel mobily.  The channel also must be a part of the cable package to which you subscribe to get it on the stream.

Satch

Unbelieveable. The run around that I have gotten so far about Spectrum Streaming TV. The final answer I am being told now, after NUMEROUS converstations and HOURS of phone time, is that there is an outage with Spectrum TV STream and it has been this way for the last 3 days. The bologna I was sliced about having to wait 72 for the service to be active apparently is just that... bologna.

Can anyone else confirm this? I can't access stream from home, but I can from work with limited channels, but yet somehow there is an issue/outage?

Hi. I've gotten the same run around. We were told it would take 24 hours. After 24 hours they said they didn't know what was wrong and someone would call us within 48 hours. No one did. When I called AGAIN I was then told it was an actual outage - not just me. Honestly, I half suspected they were just saying that to get me off the phone - it somewhat comforts me to read someone else say that they were told there is an outage. I have yet to find any official acknowledgement of said outage. 

It's VERY likely I end up just calling to cancel.

Newcomer

I signed up yesterday. it worked last night, but doesn't work today. It shows up that it's in my services.

Trusted Helper

poorservice wrote:

I signed up yesterday. it worked last night, but doesn't work today. It shows up that it's in my services.

All customers posting in this thread,

My recommendation would be if you have a problem with Spectrum TV services and you have waited at least 48 hours if this is a new equipment install to post your city, state, and zip code so that the mods might be able to check this and see if this is a local or widespread issue?

I have had choppy video on Spectrum TV for years with my Windows 8.1  laptop visting the website, but excellent functionality on Windows 10 with my desktop.  You can read my thread here:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Spectrumtv-com/Spectrum-TV-Great-in-Windows-10-Choppy-Video-in-...

Two other imprtant things:

In addition to your state, city, and zip.  Please post the computer/operating system that you are using along with any error messages that you get when trying to access Spectrum TV online.

Satch

Rookie

They have been telling me the same thing! I signed up for the Spectrum TV app and to stream it through my FireTV. It worked for about 3 hours on Friday, and nothing since then! I have called every day and all they tell me is that there's an outage and they dont know the ETA. However, Im not getting a error or anything, just stating that its not part of my subscription! Every time I call they confirm that its added on my account. So frustrating! 

Good afternoon all. 

I did want to drop in and let you know that there is a known issue with the application/website. There have been a variety of reported issues. Our Developers are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and thank you for your patience!

@tpruitt09

Our Spectrum TV application is supported on

Available on: Computer • iOS (iPad®/iPhone®) • Xbox One™ • Android™ • Kindle Fire & HDX • Samsung Smart TV • ROKU®

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Sadly, there will be no need for your service by the end of business day! Changing to Dish Network. Your wonderful reps explained to me how my service will started the day I signed up for it and even if its not working I will not be reimbursed for the time that i've missed! Its been since Friday and I've not recieved antyhing! All my shows say "not available in your subcription, if you wish to add call 1-800-892-2253" but when I call theres nothing they can do! So annoying! 

Newcomer

Good luck signed up a week ago and still being told the same.  No steaming yet!!