Rookie

Spectrum Streaming Local Channels advertised but can't get them

I'm tired of contacting them and getting the run-around. Does anyone know why we can't access all the local channels as advertised?  NBC, CBS, ABC, etc?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum Streaming Local Channels advertised but can't get them

tbianca1213 wrote:

I'm tired of contacting them and getting the run-around. Does anyone know why we can't access all the local channels as advertised?  NBC, CBS, ABC, etc?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

On what device(s)?

In your home (on your home network)?  Or while on the road?

(The old ad which claimed "TV Anywhere" is really "TV Anywhere in your home")

What market are you in?

I can stream anything inside my home on my LAN, but the ability for me to watch programming "on-the-road" is limited to FX, CSpan, and a home shopping channel.  I have much better luck with the streaming apps direct from the provider (i.e. FX Now, FOX Now, etc.) than the Spectrum App when I am on the road.

Rookie

We can't even get them in our home network, we are in the KC area.

Proven Sharer

tbianca1213 wrote:

We can't even get them in our home network, we are in the KC area.

Are you saying that all of your other channels that you subscribe to are fine, just not the locals? Are you using a Roku? Were locals coming in fine before and then stopped or never came in from the get go?

Rookie

Hmm, I replied yesterday but I don't know what happened to it.  Anyway, we were trying from home on our own network.  Tried our Roku TV,  ipad, an Android device, and my daughter's school Chromebook.  None of them would get local channels.  We found out DirectTV Now local chanels work so we cancelled Spectrum Streaming this morning.  They wanted to send a tech to our home but it isn't worth the hassle and we didn't think it should be necessary for a streaming service.  The internet is great but they need to fix this streaming service to work as advertised.   It never worked correctly for us from day 1.  We were toldt he app was down and then there were problems with the app, always seems to get the run-around until I called to cancel.

Proven Sharer

I have to agree...I see way too many complaints regarding the Spectrum TV app for it to be relied upon as the primary means of tv watching. I personally only use it in guest rooms and in the garage.

Beware of Directv Now as well.  They have been adding so many subscribers that their servers seem to stall every so often. Reports are getting less frequent though, so that's good. Also good that Spectrum internet isn't capped.