Newcomer

Security check on IE Spectrumtv.com

Lately when I log into Spectrumtv.com and want to watch TV on my laptop, I get this warning: This should be fixed!!!!!

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
 We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
 Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.
 Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More informationMore information
12 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Spectrum Watch TV From Website Reported As Insecure Connection.

Hi Spectrum,

Spectrum's  Watch TV online website is being reported as insecure by both the latest version of Firefox and Microsoft Edge in the Desktop version of Windows 10.  The problem seems to be an expired encryption certificate:  I have removed the active link to prevent accidental cickage: hxxps://video2.timewarnercable.com/

Firefox Warning:

Microsoft Edge Warning:

Satch

Re: Spectrum Watch TV From Website Reported As Insecure Connection.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I have tried it on Chrome and IE and it is working fine. Have you tried it on Chrome or IE on a different computer? 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Trusted Helper

Tyleen_Z wrote:

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I have tried it on Chrome and IE and it is working fine. Have you tried it on Chrome or IE on a different computer? 

Tyleen
Forum Moderator

Hi Tyleen,

I don't have Chrome installed.  Nervous about doing it on IE 11. (For security resons.)  It was working a few days ago.  I don't trust IE for security reason.  I think the certificate is from the old TWC technology, and that part of the website, has not been updated to Spectrum.

The security certificate needs to be updated.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Satch wrote:

Tyleen_Z wrote:

Tyleen
Forum Moderator

Hi Tyleen,

I don't have Chrome installed.  Nervous about doing it on IE 11. (For security resons.)  It was working a few days ago.  I don't trust IE for security reason.  I think the certificate is from the old TWC technology, and that part of the website, has not been updated to Spectrum.

The security certificate needs to be updated.

Satch

I  have tested this on both my Windows 10 desktop and Windows 8.1 laptop and now just checked with IE 11.  All report problems with the site's encryption certificate.  I have included the IE message below.  I use Windows Defender on both PC's, so I don't have some big security suite or anything like that.  I have a strong encrypted Wireless Network and both PC's are up-to-date via Windows Update:

IE 11-Warning:

Satch

Newcomer

I have similar problem. I logged on to my account to watch TV on my desktop, but when I click on "Watch TV Now", I get the following message:

Your connection is not private

I've watched TV on my desktop many times and never had problems. Did Spectrum change something to cause this problem?

Trusted Helper

jbmjlm wrote:

I have similar problem. I logged on to my account to watch TV on my desktop, but when I click on "Watch TV Now", I get the following message:

Your connection is not private

I've watched TV on my desktop many times and never had problems. Did Spectrum change something to cause this problem?

Hi Spectrum,

Any updates on this topic from the Webmaster Manaement?  Thanks!

Satch

I cannot access it on Chrome either but just IE though closed captioning not working on there.
Trusted Helper

Still down for me,

Is there a lot of complexity concerning what Spectrum has to do to update the Encryption Certificate at the Spectrum TV website.  That's the problem.

Satch
Trusted Helper

Satch wrote:

Still down for me,

Is there a lot of complexity concerning what Spectrum has to do to update the Encryption Certificate at the Spectrum TV website.  That's the problem.

Satch

Disappointed that this link issue is not yet fixed!

How long can it take to renew an encryption certificate?

Satch