SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING "We see you're away from home Some channels are now available for viewing

We see you're away from home

Some channels are now available for viewing out of your home.
The full TWC TV® line-up will return when your device is reconnected to your home network.

I get this multiple times a week, every single week since they seemed to annouce the merger with sprectrum. Ive congive i've contacted support and get, they are working on it please give it some time..... Well im plugged directly into my router and still having same issues this morning, only a handfiul of channels i can watch. Im disabled and stuck in bed with laptop hooked up to my tv as my entertainment..... Sad state when i can stream more channels for free with less hassle than i can for paid subscription with TWC/Sprectum.. can anyone tell me when this will be fixed, or thinking should cancel tv, wait a year get a better service and maybe my then they will have thier act together..... 
Smiley Mad
5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING "We see you're away from home Some channels are now available fo

We are sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with the service.

When you say you are hardwired to the router, you are using a router connected

to a modem or do you have a modem/router combination.

While we have had some issues with the TWCTV product there may be another

underlying problem. If your connection is experiencing packet loss or 

if the signal levels are poor this would cause the connection to your home

network enough to prompt that message. 

If you would like for us to look further into the issue we would be happy to do so.

Please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

Please include your

1. Account number

2. Your username

3. Your computer operating system version 

4. Browser name and version number

Thank you!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

Re: SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING "We see you're away from home Some channels are now available fo

Same problem here. 

Observer

same problem here in Highland  CA

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Same here ... After properly functioning for several years this issue started about 2 weeks ago on all of my devices at home (3 iOS devices, 4 PCs using IE11, Edge, Chrome, FF).

Curiously it was at the same time that the URL changed from   video2.timewarnercable.com  to the new redirect to  watch.spectrum.net/livetv  .  Cable modem, router, cookies/cache all have been reset numerous times, and ipconfig /release and /renew on all PCs - no help.  

After several calls to tech support I finally asked for Level 3 support and almost right away the guy said Spectrum dev needs to "Refresh the Entitlements" which could take anywhere from a few to 72 hours.

I'm hopeful now Smiley Happy

Newcomer

FIXED!!!  The "Refresh the entitlements" fixed the issue on ALL devices within 15 minutes after hanging up with the Level 3 support rep - so in summary:

Ask for Level 3 tech support.

Tell them to "Refresh the Entitlements"