New customer Spectrum App only allows music channels Please contact me

The Spectrum app associated to my new account does not allow me to access TV channels and programming, only music, please help and contact me.

I have called in to report the problem and they claim there is an outage but I see that the app works with other local accounts with no problem.

I cannot get spectrum customer care to notify me if the problem is solved, they say to keep checking.

6 REPLIES

Re: New customer Spectrum App only allows music channels Please contact me

Having the same problem since I activated on Saturday, 9th. Watch tv online worked for brief period then stopped.  Called customer service and was informed that It might take up to  72 hours to be able to watch live tv on line for new customers. Other customer service rep says there was outage.

Lead Moderator

We are currently experiencing issues with the Spectrum TV application/website.

We thank you for your patience while our developers continue to work towards

resolution of the issue. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I am having the same problem and we signed up on the 6th. We keep being told there is an issue with the app. 24 hours to get them. Then it's 72 hours. I'm becoming frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and communication. We may cancel.
Newcomer

I signed up on the 8th and am having the same issue. How can it take a week to fix their own app? The app is the main reason we bought a Samsung smart TV so it would work with the app without needing a box. My husband is on the verge of switching back to direct TV if they don't get it fixed very soon.

My wife updated us to the Silver TV package and we reloaded app on Smart TV and now it works fine. So basically the intro cable TV package you get with Triple play service does not provide TV channels on the Spectrum App, false advertising for sure.
Lead Moderator

Spectrum TV should provide you access to the channels in your package. If it does 

not please contact us directly for investigation. 

More than likely there was a problem with the provisioning of your account 

causing the missing channels. When you upgraded your package that changed the provisioning on the account resolving the problem with entitlements on the system. 

There is no restriction on Spectrum TV eligibility. If you subscribe to Video service

through us, you should have access to the channels in your package.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums