Rookie

Live TV on computer is not working

I've been trying to watch Live TV on my computer, and no matter what browswer I use, (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Edge), it allows me to log in but the log in wheel just sits and spins. It will never actually log in. I had the same issue last night, and it eventually went away, tonight no such luck. I've tried it on a different computer with a different OS, on a completely different network and it does not work there either.

As an IT professional, I have a sneaking suspicion they are doing some things on the backend and are just not telling us. Bad IT guys, bad.  If that's not the case, then help a brother out and let me know how to get the keys to the kingdom back online!

12 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Live TV on computer is not working

Please read previous posts...

Rookie

Unless I'm missing something, but all the posts I have gone through before posting this are in regards to Windows 10 and flash, which is not my issue. I'm not getting the flash prompt on any of the machines I've tried, and I've tried it on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, hell for good measure I tried it on a Server 2008 and Server 2012 machine and am getting the same problem.

So if there is a post that is describing the issue above, then please point me to the right direction.

To me this seems like they are doing backend work, most likely related to getting ready to transitsion from Flash to HTML5, or something along those lines but it could just be the fate of the gods for tonight, who knows.

DG
Rookie

Spectrum is reporting various outtages for various services in various parts of the country on 3/23/17.

https://istheservicedown.com/problems/charter-communications/new-york-new-york-united-states

Of course, as always, no explanation is offered. 

Expert

it's been totally out on all aps, Roku/android/smart tv pc's from XP sp3 to win 10 as well as apple

Yet ping time to watch.spectrum.net seems to be stable and good.

Rookie

Perfect, thank you. I read that rest of the junk but didn't see that one.  I had similiar issues last night, and eventually it came back online.  Seems like they are still muddling through.

Expert

Try deleting and reinstalling the App.

That's being reported as a solution by some platforms...

Community Manager

@rgjutro,

There was an issue with Spectrum App impacting all platforms. As of this morning, the issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing a problem with the app, please let us know.

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Rookie

Not resolved for me in Jamesville NY as of 10:13 am 3/26/17

Rookie

this has clearly NOT been resolved. Called customer service 2 times since 3/23 it is out and not working, with no idea on when it will be corrected.