Highlighted
N/A

Guide not working

Any one else having this problem? All listings say 'not available'.

3 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Guide not working

Power cycling my Arris receiver - Friggen thing takes a week to boot up. There has to be a better receiver than this junk
Trusted Helper

Don_Turner wrote:
Power cycling my Arris receiver - Friggen thing takes a week to boot up. There has to be a better receiver than this junk

Hi Don,

Are you talking about the set top box guide or one of the on-line mobile guides?  What is the model of your Arris box?  Those boxes are actually good with the newer models.  How long was the boot up?  A newer Arris, such as the DCX-3510M or six tuner DCX 3600-M  should only take about five minutes to boot up so that the clock shows on the screen.

If you are getting "Guide Not Available" errors a lot, or you are getting long boot times, you may have poor signal levels.  If that applies to you, I would get a tech out to check your signals and drop line.  Bad signals can affect boot up times.

Satch

Observer

Hi Satch,  

Thanks for your response.   I have an ( issued)  Arris DCX3200-M.  Actually we have two of them and they are both quite unstable.   It is not uncommon to have to power cycle the devices once or twice a week.    This would not be a complaint if the power cycling and boot up process was 5 - 10 seconds.   Not three to fifteen minutes.   This box also suffers from having channels ( included in my plan ) not available.  What is that about ?  

Overall all my experience with Spectrum is good.  Just wish Arris or Spectrum would not go cheap on the boxes.  

Can I purchase my own box ?  If so what are the top of the line boxes ?