Flash not supported on Windows 10

In the next release of Windows 10, scheduled for April, the SpectrumTV site will no longer work.  Edge and Internet Explorer are implementing a Click-To-Play security measure for Flash video and it does not work with the site in it's current state.  Those of us on insider builds of Windows 10 are already experiencing this.

What is Spectrum going to do to fix this?  Flash is an incredibly dated and insecure technology and this really should have been addressed years ago.

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Observer

Re: Flash not supported on Windows 10

Hope you don't mind if i use your post to remind Spectrum that those of us on Linux haven't ever been  able to watch the Spectrumtv site, sure would be nice if Spectrum fixed our issue  when they fix the Windows issue.

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

smr1 wrote:

Hope you don't mind if i use your post to remind Spectrum that those of us on Linux haven't ever been  able to watch the Spectrum site, sure would be nice if Spectrum fixed our issue  when they fix the Windows issue.

Hello,

My understanding is that Flash will be supported but restricted for security reasons.  In the forthcoming Windows 10 Creators Update, Flash in Microsoft Edge just like in Firefox or Chrome will no longer automatically run.  You will be prompted before Flash is allowed to run.

Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 auto update Flash via Windows Update.  The TWC/Spectrum Flash Player content for Spectrum TV at the website is jittery and freezes all the time on Windows 8.1. On Windows 10, the site works fine with playback for me.

I recommended that Spectrum switch their default media  player content to the safer and more secure HTML5 platform.  Microsoft Edge may be doing this soon, if not already.  HTML5 is safer than Flash and this media platform should be used instead of Flash by Spectrum.

Satch

Observer

Satch, was your reply just in reference to Windows 10, or have you heard that Spectrum will be supporting flash in Linux as well?

Otherwise i agree, Netflix has moved to HTML5 with no problems, Netflix can even be watched in Linux with Chrome now, i don't see a reason why Spectrum couldn't do the same.

Expert

And when will it be available for android devices? Bluray players? Streaming boxes?

Trusted Helper

smr1 wrote:

Satch, was your reply just in reference to Windows 10, or have you heard that Spectrum will be supporting flash in Linux as well?

Otherwise i agree, Netflix has moved to HTML5 with no problems, Netflix can even be watched in Linux with Chrome now, i don't see a reason why Spectrum couldn't do the same.

Greetings,

No the information provided is only for Flash with regards to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 with the Creators Update.  Not familiar with Linux OS to determine how Spectrum will address that.

I agree with your reasons as well.

Satch

SPECTRUM - WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE?  THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE WILL BE HERE WITHIN A FEW WEEKS.