Highlighted
Newcomer

Flash is old (bad) tech. When are they replacing it?

Flash is being abandoned by everyone because it cannot be secured. I won't install it on my machines (I UNINSTALLED itintentionally).

Do I need to view Spectrum content in a virtual (sacrificial) computer where I install this crappy old tech?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Flash is old (bad) tech. When are they replacing it?

BobKlass wrote:

Flash is being abandoned by everyone because it cannot be secured. I won't install it on my machines (I UNINSTALLED itintentionally).

Do I need to view Spectrum content in a virtual (sacrificial) computer where I install this crappy old tech?

BobKlass wrote:

Yes,

Spectrum needs to update its mobile and Spectrum TV web-site and apps to HTML 5 technology.  A safer and more reliable experience for everyone.

Satch

Fix the app or I have free equipment
Newcomer

I was about to post the same message. Why on earth would any site, much less a major cable provider, be using Abobe Flash?

Newcomer

Picture quality on PC is even worse than their cable TV. Even that is not true 1080p. When I can, I go to the respective channel app (Epix, ESPNgo, Foxsports, etc.) on my TV to get a good 1080p picture. The difference is huge. Will going to html5 even help with that?

Unfortunately, the lack of competition is always bad to the consumer.