Spectator

Failed to Start and DVR options grayed

[ Edited ]

I have new service that is going on three days now.  Almost everything works great.  My issues are with web and app access to the cable boxes.  I have three of the Pace TDC787X DRV boxes.  I can watch online (both web and Android app) just fine on my local LAN but I cannot use the web or app guide to change the channel and the DVR area is grayed out.  I get a "Failed to start...." via web and "Unable to Play  We're sorry, we're unable to tune your TV to this channel.  Please try again later"  via the Android app.  I can see three devices listed in the settings of the app and the device connect area of the web.  It doesn't matter which device I select.  The numbers listed for those devices do not match any number I can find on the boxes.  I also show the three boxes in my account devices, but they are listed as not connected.  I can associate the mac addresses there with mac addresses on the boxes.  I went through four support people, each transfer was suppose to be an escalation.  I have restarted everything.  The last person said it may take 2-3 days for everything to propagate but it looks like everything has propogated to me.

I am in the Lousiville, Ky market.  I would like to know if this market and boxes are compatible with remote box or if anyone else has been through this.  I am dreading another 2 hours of getting escalated with no one giving me real answers and it would be helpful if I had better insight before I make the call.

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Failed to Start and DVR options grayed

MrBoo wrote:

I have new service that is going on three days now.  Almost everything works great.  My issues are with web and app access to the cable boxes.  I have three of the Pace TDC787X DRV boxes.  I can watch online (both web and Android app) just fine on my local LAN but I cannot use the web or app guide to change the channel and the DVR area is grayed out.  I get a "Failed to start...." via web and "Unable to Play  We're sorry, we're unable to tune your TV to this channel.  Please try again later"  via the Android app.  I can see three devices listed in the settings of the app and the device connect area of the web.  It doesn't matter which device I select.  The numbers listed for those devices do not match any number I can find on the boxes.  I also show the three boxes in my account devices, but they are listed as not connected.  I can associate the mac addresses there with mac addresses on the boxes.  I went through four support people, each transfer was suppose to be an escalation.  I have restarted everything.  The last person said it may take 2-3 days for everything to propagate but it looks like everything has propogated to me.

I am in the Lousiville, Ky market.  I would like to know if this market and boxes are compatible with remote box or if anyone else has been through this.  I am dreading another 2 hours of getting escalated with no one giving me real answers and it would be helpful if I had better insight before I make the call.

Greetings,

It can take between 48-72 hours for mobile applications to sync with the cable box DVR's.  I assume that your equipment is authorized to the account and that you can record and play back shows on the box.

Mobile services like Remote DVR Manager and Spectrum TV can take up to four days to process.  If you do not have mobile service by Thursday  night, and to save time calling or going to a Spectrum store, contact Spectrum help by sending your account information and a description of this issue in a PM to the following link:

@Forums_Help

In the PM, let Spectrum know that it has been four days and your mobile services are not working.  I wonder if you were given an older set of DVR boxes that are not compatible with online service programing?  The people at the link above should be able to check that.  For our reference here, does the DVR record and playback OK on the box?

Satch

Spectator

[ Edited ]

Yes, I can record and playback recordings.  I have only tested this with one box but services appear to be working great on all the boxes with all options appearing to be available on the boxes.  Also, I have Spectrum Internet service and use my own wifi router, which all seems to be working fantastic and with no other noticable issues.  One thing to note, the cable boxes have an ethernet port but are not used and the online manuals I downloaded list the port for future use.  I did try plugging one box into my Lan and I did not list any new devices in DHCP so I do not think those ports are active.  

And thank you for the prompt response.  

Newcomer

Can't get DVD manager to work on the app since it updated. Anyone know why?
Newcomer

Dvr manager
Trusted Helper

mewilliams01 wrote:
Can't get DVD manager to work on the app since it updated. Anyone know why?

Hello,

If the box has been activated for at least 48 hours, and DVR Manager does not work, it could be one of many bugs in the TWC/Spectrum transition.  If the update just happened, give it another two days or so, and than contact Spectrum via PM with your account information  and the problems with Remote DVR Manager at this link:

@Forums_Help

Satch

Rookie

First, I am the OP.  The forum stopped liking my previous handle and made me change.  So this post is from MrBoo.

Update:  I followed the advice to PM Forum_Help and I did get a reply.  The reply stated that the boxes provided to me were the I-guide interface and that interface did not support web and app remote control.  I was instructed to take the boxes to a Spectrum center and exchange them for boxes that have the ODN type guide.  I did just that and the process was painless.  Six quick bar code zaps and I was on my way.   It did take around seven hours but I am happy to say that my account and the web access has updated and the web\app control is now available.

For anyone wondering, the best way to decribe the difference in the guide interfaces, the I-guide interface still offers standard definition channels and the ODN guide offers all HD, even on channels that are listed as standard.