Newcomer

Connected directly to modem but Watch Spectrum says I am Away From Home

I know this is a fairly frequent topic but yesterday all devices that I normally watch TV on while my family has the main TV in the house have suddenly started saying that I am not on my home network.  I have one computer that is wireless through a Netgear R7000 router but my desktop is wired DIRECTLY into the modem provided by Time Warner Spectrum.  I have rebooted the router, modem and actual cable box that is connected with the TV, released and renewed the DHCP for the wireless connection however NOTHING has worked.  I'm not getting any response on the support line probably because it is Memorial Day weekend.

4 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Connected directly to modem but Watch Spectrum says I am Away From Home

Same here and it started yesterday. I used support chat and they state they are working on it. I asked for a credit but was resused as the app is free! - I am paying for access to the content - the commercials say on all my devices, well they are not suppliing the service I am paying for

Observer

Same issue here. Just called up tech support and after waiting 10 minutes, the support guy said that "this is happening nationwide", it's an "outage that the engineers are aware of and looking into it" and that there is "no estimate when it will return back to normal".

Newcomer

Well at least they are admitting a problem.  Probably the Labor Day Weekend that is causing them not to give an ETA on when things will be fixed.

Newcomer

They will likely send a paper announcement of "exciting news" that tells us that we now will get "improved service" due to their choice to only allow you to use their routers, which they will rent you for an absurd monthly fee... Spectrum, new name, same old Time Warner tricks...