Browser

Charter Acquires TWC, Now Nothing Works

Big fail for Watch.Spectrum.net - Log in says it doesn't recognize my username or password, yet I have no problem logging into my account. Flushed DNS, restarted modem, computer, cleared cookies, turned off firewall, disabled anti-virus, tried another browser, won't even work on my 2 Android smartphones. Running Win10 x64. 

Note to Spectrum tech service: At least the TWC app worked, and I had no problem watching cable TV on my computer. 

16 REPLIES
Browser

Bogus Spectrum Android App Fails

Error DGE-1001 It appears this app is an abomination. On two Android phones, Samsung S5 and S7, niether work. I had NO ISSUES with TWC, but since Charter took over (Charter is listed as one of the worst cable companies) I can not watch TV on my computer, tech support has no clue, yet they own the code. Will speak to a lawyer and see what remedies are avaialable as far as reimbursement for services paid for but not recieved.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Bogus Spectrum Android App Fails

Will speak to a lawyer and see what remedies are avaialable as far as reimbursement for services paid for but not recieved.

Good luck.

Spectrum is not billing you for the Spectrum TV app or for the ability to watch on your computer. They are billing you for an operational tv package via a set top box, an internet package to the modem (and wireless if you use their router), and possibly phone service to the modem.  The apps and the online viewing portal are add-ons that you don't pay extra to receive.

Browser

[ Edited ]

When I am told I get this, this and this for so much a month, they certainly are billing me. It ain't free, without an account, you can't use it. As far as I'm concerned, its part of the package. After all, try using the app with no account at Spectrum bet it won't work. So, yeah, I am paying for it.

Expert

Re: Charter Acquires TWC, Now Nothing Works

[ Edited ]

Somethings, not nothing....

What exactly is not working?

Change your password?

Unpower the cable box and modem?

Call TWC?

Browser

I spent 30 minutes with tech support on the phone.

Can't log in to watch TV on my computer. When attempting to log in, it gives me a reply that says it doesn't recognize my log in...this after having successfully logged into my account.

The app for Android smartphones fails also, tried on Galaxy S5 and S7, neither work. Gives an error when attempting to log in. I also understand IOS has the same problem, so both with computer & smart devices, it sounds like a coding issue, This all happened when Charter (Spectrum) acquired TWC. With TWC, I had NO PROBLEMS WITH EITHER.

Browser

[ Edited ]

Day 2 after my complaint, still no resolution.

Error DGE-1001

Expert

The change from TWC to spectrum was 6-8 months ago, Mine and a lot of other peoples still work. 

Have you done what I suggested?

Expert

And, they started up with another "TV Everywhere" ad....

So if they're advertising it, then you're paying for it , then it should work.

Browser

[ Edited ]

I have done everything except take a cold shower with an elephant.  (The cable box has nothing to do with the issue, it works just fine).

This is day 3, tech support promised I would get a call on day 3 with a resolutiuon. It's almost noon at my house, no call yet. Still waiting. I will post every day until they call.