Highlighted
Rookie

Cannot log in

I was able to watch TV and see the guide online last night on my PC using Firefox.  Tonight I can't get past the login screen.  I try to log in and it flashes like it is authenticating then goes back to the login screen, flashes, etc.  It just repeats this cycle until I close the window.    I can log in with Chrome, but not IE or Firefox.   

10 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Cannot log in

I'm having this same issue but I'm using Chrome with Windows 8, hope someone comes up with what the issue is, right now it's a constant login loop on the website.
Observer

I contacted @TWC_Help on Twitter yesterday.  Not only did TWC Live TV not work with the latest version of FIrefox ESR, it didn't work with Pale Moon, IE11 or Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. 

I was able to get it to work on Windows 7 only with the outdated Firefox version 42.0 (not good since there were critical updates released to Firefox). It would not work with IE11 or Pale Moon.

Both devices and all browsers have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player installed (Version 20.0.0.228 for IE and Version 20.0.0.235 for plug-in based browsers).

I was told via Twitter PM by @TWC_Help:

"TWC is in the process of an update but it it was working the the previous version of the at least one browser I would suggest reverting to that until the update is completed."

Ok, so it was working on the previous version of at least one browser -- doesn't TimeWarner test updates on multiple operating systems with multiple browsers and the current release of Flash Player?  Certainly testing should have been completed on IE11.  The Flash Player security updates were released two weeks ago.

So, in order to use TWC Live TV, I need to use an outdated, vulnerable version of Firefox -- my only alternative currently since my TV is broken.  So reassuring that Time Warner takes such care in updating -- NOT!

Newcomer

Same problem here. After entering my credentials, the login screen starts reloading about once each second and never advances to the programming. The login screen is stuck in a loop.

Since all of my web browsers are up to date, I have no old versions to try. Thus I can not view Live TV on any of my computers.

- Jeff

Observer

I was in contact with a different TWC_Help rep on Twitter yesterday.  One thing I learned is that TWC is not using the current version of Adobe Flash Player and the rep does not have permission to update the business computer. That said, it cannot be completely a Flash Player issue since Flash isn't involved at the logon -- only when viewing programming.

I provided a link to this topic showing I wasn't the only one but he wasn't impressed that it was only three people reporting the problem and said he checked and that there were no other reports.  Said he would submit a ticket to their engineers.

Seeing as how I wasn't confident that would go very far, I telephoned support and went through the entire situation with the rep.  I also included the report from this thread about Chrome on Windows 8. 

Bottom line, with so few people reporting the issue, I'm not optimistic that we will see the problem addressed very quickly.

Participant

Here in So Cal I am having the same problem on my computer Chrome, my normal browser, Firefox, and IE11 will not log in to TW.  I get the flashing screen too, just like the other posters on this thread.  My browsers are all updated to the newest versions and I had not had a problem till a day or so ago.  My wife's android tablet is working but it is a no go on my Windows 7 computer and my three browsers.  I was able to watch the Billabong Pro live from Hawaii today and yesterday, no problem but what do you expect, it isn't run by Time Warner..  It's just TW that is the problem, as usual.

Participant

I was able to get to the live TV app if I went through my regular TW account (where you'd go to pay your bill) at:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/

Log in and find the live TV option there.  If you are allready logged on you can get to the live tv app. and not be subjected to the flashing screen.  

Newcomer

My Solution: after the login script starts cycling, paste "https://video2.timewarnercable.com/auth#/liveTv" and go. Works most of the time IE and Chrome
Participant

thewaterboy wrote:
My Solution: after the login script starts cycling, paste "https://video2.timewarnercable.com/auth#/liveTv" and go. Works most of the time IE and Chrome

I just used your link straight and did not bother using the old link that I used to use.  Just entered the link you gave into Chrome's address bar,  It took me straight to a TW page where I could log in, and then make the choice of watching LiveTV, Guide, On Demand or Watch Laterr.  No more flashing log on screen!  Thanks thewaterboy!!

PS, It alson works in Firefox and IE, again thanks.

Newcomer

Good workaround. I'd been having the log in problem for several days now and your link to

https://video2.timewarnercable.com/auth#/liveTv

worked like a champ, thanks.