Observer

Re: Cannot Play DVR Recordings on PC (Win10) while connected to TWC WiFi network...

If you want to watch DVR recordings (or really just access anything on the box remotely), you can get a Slingbox and hook it up to the DVR/set-top box. I think the original purpose of the Slingbox was simply to access all of the channels you get when away from home (as opposed to the limited selection available in the TV app), but I also use it when I'm at home if I want to watch DVR recordings on my phone or tablet.

Newcomer

Re: Cannot Play DVR Recordings on PC (Win10) while connected to TWC WiFi network...

Why not?  When you were Time-Warner I could watch recorded shows from my DVR on my computer.   Has that gone away now that you are Spectrum?   Seems like we should be getting a discount on our bill since features we used to have no longer work!

Lead Moderator

@donknight1 Watching programs recorded to your DVR online through the TWCTV and now Spectrum TV has never been an option. Those recordings are stored locally on the DVR and can not be accessed through our TV application.

Our Website and App do provide access to On Demand but do not provide access to view the recorded programs on your DVR. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

Ok, so we know recorded programs can only be viewed on the DVR. DirecTV service allows recorded programs to be downloaded from the DVR to tablets and phones (while connected to home wi-fi) using their app. In addition, there’s a setting to automatically record and download programs as well. My question is, will Spectrum offer this service in the future…or are there no plans to implement this service? I’m a former DirecTV customer and recently moved to an apartment complex where satellite dishes aren’t allowed so I had no choice. To be honest…I really miss those features.

Newcomer

When I first downloaded the app, i was able to see each and every recorded show on my pc and iphone and could immediately watch it on that device. it was not on demand. So tell me why you no longer allow it? Please don't tell me it was never available. The app is now pretty much useless for watching any DVR recorded shows. So tell us why it's no longer an option?

Spectator

BTW,  The Spectrum faqs say you can so that needs to be updated.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/spectrumtv/what-is-spectrumtv.com.html

What is SpectrumTV.com?

SpectrumTV.com is an online platform that provides Spectrum TV customers with access to live programming, TV Guide listings and On Demand content on their computers. Customers with Spectrum DVR service can also view recorded programs, scheduled recordings and manage recording settings.

Lead Moderator

I am sorry for any confusion on that. 

It means you can see what programs have been recorded., not that you can watch the 

recordings. You can view that as a list or you can view it as thumbprints.

You can see also the scheduled programs and the Series Priority. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

N/A

Thank you for your very clear explanation of this issue.  Unfortunately, it makes me mad to know that even after paying $300 a month for services, I still cannot access recorded programs on my laptop.

TLF
Newcomer

The the language on the faq's regarding SpectrumTV is obviously intentionally written in a vague manner to misrepresent the system/service capabilities.  This matter was the prime condition that had to be met when I switched from DirectTV.  Perhaps instead of sidestepping the issue or misrepresenting it on your website,  Spectrum  should make the adjustments required to enable viewing of material stored on the dvr, and not be outdone by satellite providers.  If the data is stored on the cloud your mobile app can access it, can you give the specific technical reason why your app cannot access the data stored on a dvr, or maybe better said... why you WILL NOT access the data stored on a DVR?  I can't imagine a reason why your app cannot function such that the data stream never leaves my lan, dvr to router to app, when it's my understanding that satellite providers system goes cloud server to Internet to router to app.  For once it would be refreshing if a service company simply said "we have added the following feature due to overwhelming consumer demand" instead of sidestepping and purposefully misrepresenting an aspect of their service that is inferior to the industry standard.

Thank you,

Tim

Newcomer

Maybe they should rectify this...so it can be watched???