Rookie

Cannot Play DVR Recordings on PC (Win10) while connected to TWC WiFi network...

[ Edited ]

Title says it all.  I have TWC cable, internet, and phone that I don't use...  (So I'm probably the biggest sucker here...)

Anyways, connected to my network, using TWC modem, browsing the web, DVR is on, wife is watching live TV with the daughter, so i decided to catch up on some recorded shows from the computer.  Access TWCTV.com, pull up my recorded shows, click the "Other Ways to Watch" button, click "Watch Here" and NOTHING happens.  Nothing at all.  If I click "Watch on TV" it IMMEDIATELY begins playing on our TV (to the groans of our daughter) but it won't play on my PC.

Win 10, using FireFox - no idea why it's not working.  Any suggestions?

PS  - LIVE TV works fine, OnDemand works fine, I have Flash Player v22 installed...

12 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Cannot Play DVR Recordings on PC (Win10) while connected to TWC WiFi network...

Unfortunately, TWC does not allow customers to watch DVR'd programs on a computer or mobile device.  They can only be watched through the DVR itself.

Re: Cannot Play DVR Recordings on PC (Win10) while connected to TWC WiFi network...

Someone showed me today that he could watch his DVR recorded shows on his Android Smart Phone, something I can't do from my iPad.  Is this a new function on the Android version of the TWC app?

[ Edited ]

I apologize for any issues or confusion. We do not have the ability to watch DVR recordings through the app or the website. Our recordings are saved on the physical hard drive and we do not have cloud storage for our recordings. They can only be watched from the box itself. The only thing I can think of for them to have watched on the app was they were watching it On Demand not from the box itself. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Then can you please tell me why there's a button on the Time Warner Cable TV website (video2.timewarnercable.com), when I access my DVR recordings, click a show, click an episode, that says, "Watch Here".  It's next to the "Watch on TV" button.  Why is that button there, if it's not intended to work...?

[ Edited ]

The watch now is linked to On Demand not the DVR. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Lead Moderator

You will see several different options depending on if the program you have DVR'ed

is available or not available On Demand.

In this shot you see i have highlighted one that is on the DVR. You see the 

option on the right to "Watch TV" and "Delete"

shotone.JPG

On other programs in the list you will see beside it On Demand.

the options listed to the right are different. You will see "Watch On TV"

and "Other Ways To Watch" 

shot2.JPG

When you click on other ways to watch you will get the option to play on the 

TV or to "Watch Now". If you select watch on TV it will

access the DVR recroding on your TV set. If you select "Watch Here" it takes you to the On Demand view of the program.

shot3.JPG

Hope that helps clear things up.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Lead Moderator

You will see several different options depending on if the program you have DVR'ed

is available or not available On Demand.

In this shot you see i have highlighted one that is on the DVR. You see the 

option on the right to "Watch TV" and "Delete"

shotone.JPG

On other programs in the list you will see beside it On Demand.

the options listed to the right are different. You will see "Watch On TV"

and "Other Ways To Watch" 

shot2.JPG

When you click on other ways to watch you will get the option to play on the 

TV or to "Watch Now". If you select watch on TV it will

access the DVR recroding on your TV set. If you select "Watch Here" it takes you to the On Demand view of the program.

shot3.JPG

Hope that helps clear things up.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

N/A

Dish Network offers this capability, as well as more functionality from its equivalent to TWC's playback boxes (e.g. the aility to pause live television). As a fairly new subscriber, I'm starting to regret my decision.

Observer

Sorry to highjack, but I am in the same boat.  I moved to El Paso from Houston where I had Xfinity (Comcast) and starting internet was 150 mbps, and they did have Cloud DVR.  It was a little clunky at first, but it smoothed out.  I ended up having no boxes and just accessed though their app on Smart TV or PC.  

It just seems to me that Spectrum is way behind in their technology.  It feels like I went back in time 10 years.  I am stuck with them, as the only other choice is AT&T and I do not want telephone wires everywhere for their service.