Spectator

Re: Why do you NOT support VPN on IOS??

Terms of service? I’m not really sure. I’ve never had luck connecting with the Fox application. Very buggy even buggier than the spectrum app :-)

I did take a look at the Sling website. Looks very interesting although I don’t really watch that much television programming on my portable devices. When I do want to use it I would like to have it work but right now paying the extra fee to have so much additional content, is kind of a waste of resources on my end.

Proven Sharer

@reds91185 wrote:

Also, if I'm not mistaken...isn't using a VPN technically against the TOS? I could be wrong.

Connecting to a VPN server is not a violation of the TOS.  I assume that people use it to tele-work all the time.   In these cases, the VPN server is location at the job-site, and the worker (who is at home) is simply connecting as a client.

I assume that running a VPN server behind your residential Spectrum service is probably a violation of the TOS, just as running a public web server would be.

Proven Sharer

@ski542002 wrote:
I did take a look at the Sling website. Looks very interesting although I don’t really watch that much television programming on my portable devices. When I do want to use it I would like to have it work but right now paying the extra fee to have so much additional content, is kind of a waste of resources on my end.

To make it an economical choice, you'd cancel your video subscription from Spectrum, and use SlingTV  (or another OTT service) for video programming.  You may need to use an antenna for local stations.  That being said, when at home, you'd need a device, similar to a Roku, to serve as the set-top-box for SlingTV when at home.  (They also do Prime Video, Netflix, and a slew of other streaming apps).

If the programming you want at home is not available on the over-the-top service under consideration (such as your local RSN), then the over-the-top service may not be for you.

Spectator

Ha, yeah right!  

I agree with your solution(s), but unfortunately I'm married to a woman who would not have the patience to channel surf thru that level of infrastructure :/   IF I were single, I wouldn't even own a television and WOULD consume all of my content on-line.  Divorce is not in the cards so for now, I'll live with the current situation.

Your response is appreciated.