Newcomer

TWC app not recognizing I'm on home wifi

Wanted to use my iPad (with latest updates 10.2)to watch TWC and it has limited channels available saying that I am away from home network. I have logged out and back in, reset my TWC provided modem, still no resolve.

9 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC app not recognizing I'm on home wifi

you need to reset your cable box/dvr as well.

Rookie

I've been getting same error message. Time Warner tech support told me today that the reason is I don't have wireless internet with Time Warner (Spectrum). I have my internet access with Frontier Communications (formerly Verizon FIOS). It seems like monopoly tactics to require me to force me to bundle my service.

Rookie

Do you have internet with TWC?
Newcomer

I am having the same issue on my iPad.

We see you're on WiFi

Some channels are now available for viewing away from home. The full TWC TV line - up will return when you're back on your home network.

I am on my home network!

Newcomer

Ditto

Rookie

I just had online chat with TWC they stated they knew about issue and it is a "server" problem they are working on it

Rookie

I've been having this issue for over a week. I've talked to numerous Spectrum tech service individuals and all they do is tell me to reset my modem, reboot my router and uninstall the app and reinstall it. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it doesn't. When it does work it's usually short lived. They told my wife they would send the issue to their engineers and they would call back in 24 to 48 hours and we never heard from them. I called them yesterday and after the same ole reset this and reboot that, they said they would send the issue to their engineers again. I'm tired of dealing with this, I pay for a service and all of a sudden it doesn't work right. I never had this issue when it was TWC and a few weeks after the app updated and now says Spectrum, this mysterious problem pops up. I'm to the point of telling them where to stick their streaming service and go back to Directv. Its ridiculous I can't watch the local news or shows. I hope someone gets their rear in gear and resolves this quickly.
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

If you bypass your wireless router and connect directly to the modem with a pc do you still get the out of home message? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I am having the same problem and found this thread, when I hard line into my PC (bypassing router) it works but I need it to work with wireless as I watch exclusively via a roku device.  Any actual fixes out there I have done all of the above with no luck?

thanks