Newcomer

TWC TV App will not stream away from home.

Recently installed the app on my iPhone after watching the commercials. The problem is I continue receiving error messages when I try to stream show away from home. So it hasn't worked at all away from my home network. It barely works around the house. Reinstalled in on my phone 3 times. It works a little better around the house on the iPad.
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: TWC TV App will not stream away from home.

What error are you getting and is it with all channels?  Are you able to access the app on your home network? The TWCTV app will only stream On Demand content and certain live channels when away from the home network.  It also works best on wifi, although it will work on cellular, but tends to buffer on cellular.   

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator
Expert

"TV everywhere" is a joke( "everywhere" means on your home connection only). Very little works if you're outside of your house.

Maybe only the local channels...

Spectrum Employee

[ Edited ]

"TV Everywhere" refers to all the TV apps that are accessible, not just the TWC TV app. If all the networks gave TWC permission to stream their content through the TWC TV app, that would be more convenient (for the TV provider as well as the customers). However, that would mean basically that individual network apps like, ABC, freeform, etc, aren't really necessary anymore. When you try to use any network app--to get full access to all content you have to have a subscription with a TV provider anyway.

Same thing goes for any other TV provider.

TWC_QN
Newcomer

What is the point of having the APP to watch tv if you have to be connected to your home WIFI, if i'm at home i will just watch on the TV.  APP is pretty much useless

fva
Newcomer

No,  not even local channels are available away from home..only some channels that no one ever watches are available live