Spectrum TV on iPhone not storing favorites

So, I'm pretty happy with the app. My only problem is when I select favorite channels they don't stay marked. Is there a limit to the number allowed? I was told by he twitter support that it was a storage issue with my phone (seems odd since I have over 20gb free). Apple of course refers back to the app developer.
I am on iOS 10.3.2 and have the latest app version. Have deleted and reinstalled, rebooted everything possible with no luck.
Any suggestions on what to check next? Device is iPhone 6s.
12 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV on iPhone not storing favorites

@Jethro1974

I was not able to replicate the issue using the same device and OS.  There is not known issue reported.  Can you delete the app again and reinstall after restarting the iPhone?  Let us know if the issue persists.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Spectator

Spectrum TV app on iPad not storing favorites

[ Edited ]

After the recent update on my iPad Air my favorites were gone. I tried resaving them again; I tap the heart icon, it's highlighted, indicating it saved. I keep scrolling down to other channels, tapping all my favorites. When I'm done, I scroll back up, and all the ones I favorited are not highlighted again! Only about fifteen channels are saved.

I've signed out, and deleted the app, then reinstalled it. I've rebooted my iPad, but nothing has worked. Is there a limit as to how many favorites one can have? Has anyone else had this problem? It's been very frustrating.

Re: Spectrum TV app on iPad not storing favorites

I apologize for the issues with the app on the iPad. Are you having this issue on any other device or via the website watch.spectrum.net? 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Spectator

[ Edited ]

Hi Tyleen,
Thanks for your reply. I only have the issue with my Spectrum app on my iPad Air (latest software 10.3.2). I don't have the the app installed on any other device (meaning my iPhone 7) or watch programs on my computer on watch.spectrum.net. I will test this, though, online now and see what happens.

I have signed out, deleted the app, rebooted my iPad, reinstalled it. I've signed back in, and still the app will not save my favorites. I scroll down, tapping favorite channels, and as soon as I'm done, I go back up and the ones I selected previously are deselected. It doesn't matter how many times I try to save. I don't know what else to do. I've never had this issue before.

Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE 7/13/17

I just logged into watch.spectrum.net, and tried to save my favorites in Settings on my computer (iMac / Sierra 10.12.5). I scrolled and clicked on all my favorites, and the same thing happens- they all deselected themselves as soon as i scrolled back to the top of the page. 

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon.

How many had you tried to select please?  

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

[ Edited ]

Hi Julia,

I've selected approximately 50 - 55 favorites. I've done this on my iPad Air (no problems before this issue), and today for the first time, on watch.spectrum.net (Safari 10.1.1 ). Favorites did not save on either; as soon as I scroll up, they deselect themselves.

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

@hip7

Thanks for the additional information.   Safari is not the optimal browser for the Spectrum App.  Can you try using a different browser, either Chrome or IE and let us know if the issue continues?  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Spectator

[ Edited ]

Hi James,

Thanks for your suggestions. Though I don't watch channels on my computer, I've tested the latest versions of the browsers below on my iMac with https://watch.spectrum.net.

Safari 10.1.1 (12603.2.4)

Firefox 54.0.1 (64-bit)

Opera (46.0.2597.57)

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

None of them were able to save the Favorites I selected. If, for example, I click on other options, say, Devices or Parental Controls, or even log out and then log in, they do not stay saved; only  a handful are saved; roughly five or six of the channels.

So in summary: I cannot save all of my Favorites on my iPad Air and only some through the web browsers listed above on my Mac.

Thanks again 

Newcomer

I have exactly the same symptom on my iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.3.3 and tons of free memory.