Spectrum App Error IVS-1001 on iPad and iPhone

Since iOS 11 update, Spectrum App for iPhone and iPad displays error message IVS-1001 after streaming live TV for 10-15 mins.

1.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both devices.
2. I have deleted the app, restarted both devices then reinstalled the app.
3. Done both 1 & 2 and reconnected to home network again.
4. Done both 1 & 2, turned home modem off for 1 min then restarted it then connected to home network.
Help! Everything worked a week ago

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Spectrum App Error IVS-1001 on iPad and iPhone

roll back the OS to 10....

Newcomer

I am seeing this IVS - 1001 error on my Iphone and I am still at IOS 10.3.3

Newcomer

I am getting this same error when live streaming NBC soccer. Infuriating, it lasts about a minute each time before throwing up error IVS 1001. I have reinstalled app, signed in correctly but it keeps happening. 

It was working fine yesterday.

Anyone at Spectrum care to comment please?

I am totally sick of getting this error when I am trying to watch tv on my iPad.  We never had this problem with TWC.  I called to speak to Technical Support and was transferred to some guy in the Phillipines and I couldn't understand a word he said, so I just had to hang-up.  Don't you like to employ Americans?  As the tv app is the only reason why I keep Spectrum with its inferior, quirky wifi service (another problem I never had with TWC) so that I can watch my favorite programs on my iPad, I am beginning to think that it is not worth the money I am spending and I would be better off with a less expensive service that doesn't offer a tv app.  What is the point of having this app if it doesn't work?  

I have noticed, however, that when the commercials are on it doesn't seem to go down then.  As soon as the program recommences I get that bloody stupid message that I should watch another channel.  I usually watch MSNBC on the iPad.  Does Spectrum have something against that channel?  

Lead Moderator

@Frances1 Normally the trouble you are seeing is caused by a connectivity issue. If you would like to have your forums peers look into that with you we would encourage you to start a thread in our connectivity section.  Items that would be helpful to post can be found here:  DATA-TO-POST-TO-GET-HELP-FROM-THE-COMMUNITY

If you prefer not to call in you can certainly contact our Social Media Customer Care team at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I'm on 10.3.3 and have this problem with both my iPad and iPhone starting in the past week or so.  Oddly I can turn my phone landscape and then back again and the channel comes back.  For a minute or two.  The problem seems to clear up on it's own for a day or so and then starts happening again.  Very frustrating.  The app is the main reason I still have my cable service so if it doesn't work consistently I will reconsider keeping.  The TWC app was a solid piece of software but that's in the past apparently.

Lead Moderator

First thing I would ask is that you update your OS to the most current version iOS 11.11.1 and please check to see if there is an update available for our application.

Are you getting exactly the same message? IVS-100 1 or are you getting an alternate

message? 

What version of the iPad and iPhone are you using? Do you have open storage available?
Do you have lag or delayed reaction on any of the other apps you have? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums