Rookie

Need to uninstall then re-install Spectrum TV App every day

I watch TV on my iPad but the Spectrum TV app doesn't open properly, and each day I have to uninstall, then re-install the App (and fill in all the same details re. password, parental controls, etc, etc.) in order to get it to work. I have re-booted the iPad but that doesn't make a difference and I don't think it's the wifi connection, as everything else seems to work fine. Does anyone have a solution?

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Need to uninstall then re-install Spectrum TV App every day

Change the DHCP lease to a day and lock the wireless to Ch 3 or 8.

Set the DHCP start to 192.168.0.100

Rookie

Will try this. Thanks!
Established Sharer

FYI.. the boards here are full of people having the same issues with the app as you. If the above doesn't fix your issue, in all likelihood it is a technical issue with the app itself that the software engineers should be aware of by now.

Lead Moderator

When you say " does not open properly" what is happening? Error message? Crash? Load but with no data displayed?

If you will provide us with a bit more detail please? 

What generation iPad? What version of the OS are you using? 

Does this happen on other devices? 

After you uninstall are you rebooting the device and then re-downloading?

If you can give us some additional information we can try and help out.

Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I don't have my iPad with me but will get back to you with the details later.

Rookie

At first it says 'App starting to load" and then it says "loading" but nothing happens and the screen goes blue with the only things visible being the mute button in the top left corner and the buffering symbol somewhere near the top. Eventually, I give up waiting and have to uninstall/re-install the app, etc, etc.

I have the iPad Air 2 and the OS is up-to-date: 10.3.2. I haven't tried the App on other devices but know it was not an issue when I was using the TWC app. I re-booted the iPad once or twice after this happened but it didn't make a difference.

Community Manager

@LBNY

Thanks.  Can you try loading the app on a different device and let us know if you have the same issue?   You can also try using a browser on the iPad and use the website https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manage

I am having the exact same problem. The app worked for a couple of days on my ipad (2nd gen?, Version 9.3.5 (13G36), Model MC991LL/A. Then it stopped. The screen pulls up with all the channels listed on the left and the synopsis of the show on the bottom but after getting the circle circling for a minute or so, a small screen pops up stating "Unable to Play Channel" and suggesting to try a different channel or try again later. The app has been working on my iPhone the entire time. I know it's not wifi because that is working on the iPad and the iPhone (turned cellular off).