B3D
Newcomer

Limited Channels outside home wifi

Why does Spectrum have limited channels outside home wifi? Is there a way that I can view all my channels away from home? I am traveling and expect to be able to view what I am paying for.
1 REPLY
Established Sharer

Re: Limited Channels outside home wifi

B3D wrote:
Why does Spectrum have limited channels outside home wifi? Is there a way that I can view all my channels away from home? I am traveling and expect to be able to view what I am paying for.

Nope. You are paying Spectrum for a service to a particular location as identified by the service address and the modem's IP address that is attached to that account. I agree with you in theory that this should be allowed and that the industry will eventually have to adapt to the younger generation coming up that only know and expect streaming anywhere. That won't happen until Spectrum can figure out a way to restrict access by a non-subscriber. There's a reason so many of the 20 something generations are "cord nevers".

An alternative to the Spectrum TV app is using your Spectrum user name and password to use some of the third party apps while away from your local network (HBO Go, TBS, Showtime Anywhere, etc.).