Rookie

Guide time is off

Guide time in app is set to eastern time but I live in the central time zone. Doesn’t appear to be a way to change it. I called tech support and they were clueless. Tried Twitter support,also no help. I have 2 iPads and an iPhone and it’s the same on all. Help!

thanks

6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Guide time is off

Good morning.

Although the time is off are you seeing the correct line up? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

The clock is off by 1 hour and the guide listings are off by 1 hour.  Spectrum also installed 3 dvr’s In my house yesterday and all 3 boxes are also off by 1 hour

Lead Moderator

Checking on your account, found it with your registration information, I am 

seeing that all 3 DVRs are not in 2 way communication with the system.

I do see that we have an appointment in place for this to be investigated on site. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Rookie

If you don’t mind me asking what causes the lack of 2 way communication? Is that why the boxes show not connected in the app? How would this relate to the problem in the guide on the app?

Lead Moderator

There are a number of things that can cause loss of 2 way communication with the 

cable boxes. Signal levels being off, packet loss etc.

The technician should be able to correct that. The most likely culprit is 

signal level issues. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Rookie

So....tech came....tech went. Not fixed. Looked thru the menus for 30 min,went outside came back in said signal was fine. He then stated that these were new boxes and it takes time for them to get the bugs out. No eta whatsoever. He said they had put very few of these boxes in the field as of yet and when enough complaints come in that’s when it gets fixed. Not a good way to start. I’m glad I didn’t cancel my dish service yet. Usually this kind of thing gets solved months down the road. If they can’t get something as simple as time right it doesn’t give me much confidence.  I’ll give them a few days and see if they get it corrected. Thank you for your help Julia.