Rookie

Getting a VPN error on IOS Spectrum App

I keep getting an error when watching the Spectrum app. The error asks to restart the app works for a few minutes then the error comes back. Very frustrating. Please help!
13 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Getting a VPN error on IOS Spectrum App

What is the iOS device and which version is it running?  Also, which version of the app are you using ?  

Rookie

App version 6.9 (274)
iOS version 11.3
iPhone X
Community Manager

Thanks.  Deleting and reinstalling the app usually resolves most issues.  If it does not, please reply back with the exact error message.  Include a screen shot, if possible.  

Rookie

I deleted and reinstalled the Spectrum app but still getting the error but not as often.
Rookie

The error message:
This app doesn’t support VPN. Please turn offVPN in settings,and then restart the app. IFE-1002

I don’t have VPN turn on, after I relaunch the app it works fine for a while.
Community Manager

@Edgar-mad

Thanks.  We would like to investigate this matter further.   You can contact us by direct message  @Forums_Help, or if you prefer,  you can contact our Social Media Customer Care team:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Participant

Do you see "VPN" at the top left of your screen next to the Wifi or LTE indicator?  If yes, your device is configured to use a VPN.

If not, do you know if the router you're connected to is using a VPN?  Because that would cause the same issue.

Regards, Patrick

Newcomer

I am getting the same message. No VPN on. None on my router.
Newcomer

I have the same problem.  I can't even get the app to load at all.  It crashes before getting to the home page in most cases.  I have IOS 11.4, app version 6.12.  I see the VPN error when I'm swiping the app to close it.  I've restarted my phone and nothing.