Rookie

Re: Getting a VPN error on IOS Spectrum App

In my case, I think I found what’s causing the issue. I have a Spectrum modem/router at home that has a 2.4GHz and 5 GHz connection. When I’m connected to the 5GHz connection I get the error. Once I connect to the 2.4 it works fine. Hopefully Spectrum support can fine a solution for this problem.
Highlighted
Newcomer

I am getting this error as well on my iPad.  No VPN. In fact, the app won’t even show me the channels.  All it shows is a black screen with the text of a VPN error.  However, it plays the audio of the last channel I watched.  This audio is live.  It pretty obvious that the programmers have tried to protectionists without testing the software completely.  I’m logged in.   I’m connected to my Spectrum internet.  This needs to be fixed at the app was what convinced me to go to Spectrum.  I satellite offers this.  Is Spectrum going to fix this?

Rookie

Are you connected to a 5ghz WiFi network? If you are try a 2.4, this has worked for me.
Newcomer

I just got the same vpn error while watching my Spectrum app.  IFE - 1002. I do not have VPN enabled on my iPad.