Highlighted
Rookie

Error IVS-1001

There was another thread with this subject but I couldn’t post so thinking that one is closed. I am getting this error or not my iPad Pro 12.9 and iPhone 7 Plus. Right now I am using the hospitals WiFi but it was working the other day then all of a sudden both quit unless I am using cell data. All my other apps have no problems only the spectrum app. 😢 if I have to go and use each networks personal app why have spectrum?
4 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Error IVS-1001

I can only answer your last question.  You need Spectrum, or some kind of service provider, so you'll have credentials to log into the indivdual apps.

Helper

The full Spectrum tv lineup is only available on the app if you are connected to your home network where you subscribe to Spectrum tv service. The app offers a limited number of channels viewable outside of your home network.

Rookie

I get no channels. All of the come up unavailable error IVS-1001. If I turn on cell data then I can get channels. It’s not an overall connection issue with my devices, because all of my video apps work just fine. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, hbo, syfy, etc.  

My point is with Hulu and other companies why should I stay with spectrum when all I get is errors.  This time the error is IVS-1001 instead of something 9000 the last time and who knows what error next. 

Helper

Sling TV, PS Vue, Hulu, Directv Now, Youtube TV, etc. all allow you to view from anywhere whereas Spectrum TV does not. That is the way Spectrum has designed it.

I agree that Spectrum (and other cable companies) will have to rethink their strategies due to the cord cutters and, more importantly for the future, the younger cord nevers that will not pay for a product that is tied down to one location.