Newcomer

"Do you want to continue watching Spectum TV?" every 10 minutes

I have an Insignia RokuTV that suddenly kicks out of whatever channel I am watching and says "Do you want to continue watching Spectum TV?" every 10 minutes. It's VERY annoying. It's been doing it for a couple weeks now. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but it didn't help.

I have another external Roku on a different TV, and the spectrum app works perfectly on it. So I think it's something with that RokuTv specifically.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Expert

Re: "Do you want to continue watching Spectum TV?" every 10 minutes

wow... That sounds like the SDV channel issue that occurs on cable boxes only...

See if there's a firmware upgrade for that set...

Spectrum Employee

Re: "Do you want to continue watching Spectum TV?" every 10 minutes

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as @MsRaye on this, look for someway to update the app and/or the firmware.  It's a gonna be a software bug of some kind.  I haven't had to call Roku or TiVo support in a couple years but as I recall they were pretty good at knowing what to do and if they can't fix it they typically trade for it via mailing packages (return your old one to them, they send you a new one).  Maybe it's changed over the years, but I recall being really impressed with their remote support.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.