Newcomer

Re: TWC Roku app not working

Thank you!  This worked.  You're right that it's a pain, but glad it worked.

Re: p700 error on all of my rokus

I've been having an issue with my Spectrum app on my Roku the last couple of days. I've been trying to watch some shows on demand but when I go to load up the show, the app closes out and goes to the Roku home screen. I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. When I go to click on a show, I have to click it 3 times before it finally opens to show the episodes but it will just shut down and go to the Roku main screen. I don't use this app very often but I can't seem to get it to work. I am signed in and when it loads it shows what currently playing on TV, it's just the on demand portion that is giving me an issue. Anyone else having this problem?
Rookie

This error is so annoying. You have to watch cable box for awhile so your app starts working again. Obviously they want to charge us for cable box!  Worked on it with tech support, installed, removed, reinstalled, rebooted, he said your cable remembers after while your channels. Have to watch box daily  and then switch. This is just plain hateful for the price the are charging us.

Lead Moderator

@Skp705  This is not the case.

You are required to have video equipment  (provided you are not a streaming only customer) You do need to have it plugged (to the coax and power) but you do not need to watch it if you don't want to. The issue is the communication between your cable box and our network/billing system, it is an authentication issue. If there are signal issues or a problem with the cable box (defective etc) we would need to look into that. It is not dependant on your actually watching programming through it. 

If you are continually having problems we would encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team for further assistance. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Re: TWC Roku app not working

It's still not working. Spectrum channels still freeze. Really annoying
7/21/2017
Looks like their Engineers are not too interested or may incapable of solving problem