Newcomer

Re: TWC Roku app not working

Issue with local channels dropping out, caching or not working at all while other channels work fine.

Established Sharer

Roku TV

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question so here it goes. Is the TWC app available on the Insignia/Sharp/TCL/Haier Roku TVs or is it only available on the separate Roku devices? I'm considering adding a tv in the garage, mainly for DVDs, but if the app is available it would be a nice bonus.  The wifi signal is strong enough if I decide to go that route but I'm also considering wiring for ethernet (I'm fully aware of the pros and cons of wired vs. wireless).

FYI...Samsung is not an option.

Spectrum Employee

Re: Roku TV

Available on industry-leading eight devices: Computer • iOS (iPad®/iPhone®) • Xbox One™ • Xbox 360® • Kindle Fire® HD & HDX • Android™ • Samsung Smart TV • ROKU®

This information was pulled from the following page.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/apps.html

Please be aware although I am a Spectrum/TWC Employee, My posts are my own perspectives and understandings. Not Official Statements of my employer.
Established Sharer

Yeah...I'm aware of this. I'm asking specifically if the Roku TVs support the app or ONLY the separate Roku boxes.

Boz
Sharer

reds91185 wrote:

Yeah...I'm aware of this. I'm asking specifically if the Roku TVs support the app or ONLY the separate Roku boxes.

Both.

Established Sharer

@Boz have you used the app on one of these TVs?  Curious to hear some hands on about how it performs, ease of use, functionality...stuff like that.

Rookie

I tried to find the spot where I post a message but could not find it. My Roku's (4) will get the TWC channels BUT.....within 5 minutes the channels get blurry (enough to hurt your eyes!!) and it buffers constantly.  When I first installed the TWC app, several months ago everything was great.....now it's all gone south.  I have called and always get the same response...."We are working on that" - seriously???? I don't think you are!  The first thing they want to do is blame my internet connection and when I tell them that Netflix, Amazon and Hulu work just fine then they say "we are working on that" .....  I'd like an honest answer and an honest attempt at fixing the problem.

Observer

Good luck.  They've marked this thread as solved.  I still have the same problems.

I have a new Roku TV with the TWC app and it's very buggy. Today it's especially so: Periods of frequent buffering, inability to start the app (hangs up on authentication), multiple error messages, hangs when changing channels. I have called TWC tech support who resent a signal to my modem, directed me to unplug/replug the power and cable, delete and reinstall the app, and it's still buffering and hanging up when trying to change channels. 

The rest of the apps on the TV are working fine, it's only the TWC app that's problematic. Is there an update coming soon? The TWC saleperson recommended the Roku TV precisely because of the TWC app and I'm more than frustrated.

Everyone's Tags (2)
Newcomer

Very frustrated, usually happy, customer. Both my roku sticks are lagging and freezing up terribly. All other apps in the Rokus are working fine. Spectrum tech support guys came out to make sure my TWC internet is working and it is working at peak performance. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TWC apps on both sticks, no luck. Please help!