'Local' channels not showing up on Roku and not streaming in HD

'Local' channels like Fox and ABC are no longer showing up on my Roku - only cable channels are available to play; I used to be able to view these 'local' channels.

I also noticed that the channels are no longer HD channels (the channel numbers listed in the guide are not the HD channels). 

I was having problems with the Spectrum channel even working on my Roku, but I restarted my modem and that problem was fixed. I am not sure if that has something to do with it. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? 

Newcomer

Re: MIssing Roku channels? Try a hard reset on your cable modem and your router.

I did this step when running through the troubleshooting with them and I'm gald it worked for you, but it did not for me.

I was asked to install the app on my smartphone (Galxay S8) for testing.  The channels did not show while on wifi.  I then disconnected from my network and used my mobile providers network, and the channels still did not show.  This was even after uninstalling the app, clearing the cache, restarting the phone, then reinstalling the app.

This issue has happened to me about 5 times in the past 3 months (though currently I get no channels through the app, it's completely broken).  The first time I called, I was connected with the tier 3 technical support.  They had me do several things, then he concluded there was an issue with my account.  He asked me to stayon the phone while he tried some things, and after about an hour of talk time with him, he was able to resolve the issue.  However, the next time I went to use the app, I was without local channels again....  

N/A

Re: Not working for local channels

Local channels not available on guide in zip code 14225 as of June 28 2017 and my bill is paid by auto pay.
Newcomer

Re: Not working for local channels

I'm in NT and just noticed I have lost my local channels on my Roku Spectrum app.  Nothing has changed, I have had them for the last year plus with no issue and I haven't made any changes to my spectrum account recently.  Any suggestions?

Newcomer

Re: channels missing (1-100)

I have also been having this problem for the past several weeks. We've noticed it specifically at certain times. In our case it's, Sunday mornings. I've tried the reboot, and the developer login reboot. Nothing works and then an hour or so later, we check the app again and all the channels are back up. For the past month, each Sunday morning we wake up and the 1-100 channels are missing. It works fine Mon-Fri.

Because we've been so worried about missing the programs we like to watch on Sunday mornings, we just now checked (Saturday evening) and channels 1-100 are gone.

While the channels eventually come back, there has been no rhyme or reason as to why the resume working. 

This is completely aggravating. And totally ridiculous.

Observer

Roku app missing channels 1-100 on all tvs in the house

All of the roku devices in the house are now missing channels 1-100. We used to be able to get them back with a roku factory reset, but that no longer works. Any ideas on what is going on? I'm leaning towards Spectrum modem as the culprit due to all tvs being affected.
Spectator

Re: Roku app missing channels 1-100 on all tvs in the house

unplug them for a few minutes
Rookie

That solution doesn't work for me - I have to reset my router, but that only lasts while the TV is on. When I come back to the TV the next day, I have to do the same router reset. This gets very old, very fast, especially with a house full of family who objects to every router reset. How do I avoid having to do a router reset every day?

Newcomer

Did it work today we have the same problem
Observer

We unplugged the modem , router, and Roku for 5 minutes. Then we plugged back in the modem first letting it fully connect, then router, then Roku. It worked! We shall see how long this lasts.