Participant

Re: channels missing (1-100)

I just unplugged from power again, this time for about 3 minutes and now I get the channels again. I have a feeling when I turn it off the channels will disappear again. BTW, I had the same problem on my Kindle Fire TWC app, so it isn't isolated to ROKU, it is the TWC app.
Newcomer

TWC app on iOs was changed today.  Same thing is happening on iPad.  I have another iPad and did not update app and it works fine.  App works fine on android phone.  TWC made changes and need to restore it.

Spectator

Lucy me. I rebooted everything again and the channels came back.

I just checked mine again and all the channels are back. Of course this is AFTER I went and picked up a digital adapter so I could watch tv. Stop messing with things TWC.
Spectator

it is Mon eve and I lost channells 1-100 again. Booting did not help this time.

Participant

Fortunately for me i have not had the problem repeat itself since the initial day it occurred.  I would have thought that if they fixed it that it would have been fixed for everyone but I don't have the expertise on how these apps work.  I am experiencing a different issue on my new Kindle Fire HD 8 tablet where on certain channels the video freezes (audio doesn't).  And this only happens on certain channels, go figure.

Spectator

Thanks for for responding. I did reboot the Roku again, this time leaving it off long enough so that it performs a full reboot and displays the Roku name when it comes on. It will then RELOAD the channels and I get 1-100 displayed again.

Lead Moderator

Very glad to hear it! 

Please let us know if you have any continued issues!

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I got up this morning and was missing my first 100 channels and perhaps more, who knows? I tried a good hard boot on my Roku, but that did NOT fix the problem. I tried to called Spectrum Tech Support and report the problem. Of course, I got a message saying the office was closed and they hung up on me! Typical lousy service I've come to expect from Spectrum.

Valued Contributor

It could be the level of service you have from Spectrum. I don't think you will get channels 1 through 100 if you only have what TWC calls Starter TV (I don't recall what this level of service is referred to by Spectrum). The company has encrypted all channels, so the only way you will be able to see anything on channels 1 to 100, or any other channel for that matter, is to use some sort of cable box (or at very least a Roku player with a special app, as I will explain) with at least the lowest level of service offered by Spectrum. No box, no service, no exceptions. If you don't want to pay for a box, you can always use a standard OTA television antenna; however, that is your only option if you want 100 percent free TV.

Cable TV is not as it was before Spectrum. In those days, you could connect your cable directly to your television and get at least channels 2 through 13; however, isn't like that anymore. Today,  Spectrum demands that a cable box, digital transfer adapter (DTA), or at least a Roku player with the Spectrum app be used between the cable and your TV. You will get nothing but snow and white noise on your TV screen and in your speakers, respectively, if you try today to get anything on your TV just by connecting the cable directly to the set, even if you have Spectrum's best (and most expensive (!)) level of service. That is the way it is, and it isn't going to change.