Newcomer

Re: Why is the lowest channel I get is 101 ?

I continue to have this problem.  I've done it all.  turned it off.  removed it and reinstalled and still can't get channels below 101

Newcomer

I am also experiencing this issue.  I called support, they instructed me to logout/login, and when that didn't work, to reinstall the app.  Still doesn't work.  This makes my Spectrum cable service useless as the primary thing we use it for is to watch the broadcasters, and we only have the Roku box attached to our TV's.  It may be time to consider a different service.

Observer

I've also been having this problem intermittently.  The last time it happened was 2 days ago.  I logged out, then back in and it was fixed, but ultimately happened again.  Don't know at this point has ACTUALLY been fixed on the Spectrum side, but it's certainly continued to happen even after Spectrum support commented on this thread that the problem had been identified and supposedly fixed.

N/A

I am still having problems with this.  I have done all of the suggested solutions multiple times.

Observer

No channels below 101, including no local broadcast channels, on the Spectrum TV app happens to me every week, especially on the weekends. It occurs on all three of my Roku devices, iPad Spectrum TV app and Samsung Spectrum TV app, so it is not an isolated issue to the Roku. Signing out and signing back in and uninstall and reinstall seem to be just Spectrum's attempt to deflect the problem. 

I have Spectrum internet and cable box with Preferred TV package so it would be great for my $225/month bill, I could get reliable service.

This is not a solution! This doesn't fix anything! Three devices I have show this issue: the roku stick, the roku express, and the spectrum app. None of the local channels are showing. Please fix ASAP!
Newcomer

When folks say they have restarted the Roku, did you power it down or use the restart option under settings? Using the restart option under settings in Roku worked for me. I did not power down.

Today is the first time I've seen this problem. I don't know what Spectrum is updating but sounds like they need to do more testing.

I maybe wrong, but I would think devices like Roku, Amazon's Fire etc. are now being used more to access the cable channels than the 1980's style boxes they mail out. (Mine is still sitting sealed up in my garage.) My point here being Spectrum needs to realize any buggy updates they send out, or make on the back end, for these apps/devices have a much larger impact than outages they may be used to in the past and so they should spend a little more QA time on their changes.

Newcomer

I restarted my Roku from the setting menu and this fixed the missing channel issue for now. All my channels are  showing up.  I didn't  need to log out of and  into the app as just restarting my Roku solve the problem (for now, fingers crossed). 

Tyleen_Z wrote:

I do apologize for the issues. There was a known issue with the Roku not showing channels under 100 . Logging out of the app and back in. may resolve the issue.  If that does not work uninstall and reinstall the app. If that still does not fix it please let us know.

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Have experienced the same issue for months and today as well.  My Roku box and iPad both do not have channels below 101 but my Android Phone (Google Pixel) does have the correct channels starting at channel 1.  Thought this might be helpful.  I also just restarted the app from the settings menu on my Roku and that worked for now as channels below 101 are now visible.  Previously powering the Roku off/on and deleting and reinstalling the app did not work.  Oddly enough my iPad now has channels below 101 and I did not do anything to me iPad other then the app crashing and then restarted after my Roku started working.  Strange intermittent behavior which I expect will return.  What are the Spectrum SW engineers saying is the root cause?

Newcomer

I've had this issue the past month as well. Restarts previously did not work, but I did try it today and now my Roku shows channels 1-100. Oddly, when I log into the Livetv website https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv channels 1-100 are missing there.