Newcomer

Which Roku seems to work the best?

What is your experience. I haven’t had any problems with my Roku 3 but I want to buy another one. Which do you like?
5 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Which Roku seems to work the best?

If you can use ethernet get one that you can hard wire, like the Ultra.  I have 2 streaming sticks (not the plus) that work great over wifi.

Participant

If you don't need ethernet, I've had good luck with the Roku Streaming Stick (2016) 3600R on multiple TVs.
Valued Contributor

We've been enjoying the Streaming Stick+ models (3810). They are a nice compromise on the price of the Ultra's if you are setting up multiple TV's. You get the stronger core streaming features for a lower price.

Get the 4k and HDR support, strong CPU/RAM, voice search, etc. Can send audio through your phone if you want that privacy mode (Roku App), can mirror your phone 100% through the Roku, etc. (Note with Android, you may need to download a Mirracast app to fix a glitch with wi-fi direct... phone specific issue though, not a Roku issue).

The full screen, full resolution mirroring was a nice boon when they started ganking the m3u players. Sling the screen to the TV, then pull the playlists up in VLC at the full 1080p and all.

Note though, with the Stick+ you may need to use the USB power dongle. Not all HDMI ports will provide enough power, and the dongle also doubles as an antenna booster. An extra benefit to this too is the Stick will likely power off with the TV. Nice bonus for the more forgetful user. With the puck models, my mom would always leave QVC or something streaming all day or night--sometimes on two sets.
Participant

I have the 2017 Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3800X). Not too much problems. Less sluggish than my old FireTV stick. Use the 5GHz WiFi band for streaming, not the 2.4GHz.

Lead Moderator

I personally love my Roku 3. I have never had an issue 

with the connection to my wireless, no buffering.

The picture is crisp and the remote is extremely responsive.

I'm not sure of the others but my remote has a plug for earphones which 

can come in very handy (it comes with the earbuds! ) 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums