Observer

Where are the local channels on the streaming service as of 6-13-18 in SE tx area?

On morning of 6-13-18 the locals channels were not on  my Spectrum app (use Roku). Also other channels were moved around. What is going on??  I have a streaming package. Local channels are provided on all packages....

3 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Where are the local channels on the streaming service as of 6-13-18 in SE tx area?

I have the same problem. No one has an answer.
Valued Contributor

Re: Where are the local channels on the streaming service as of 6-13-18 in SE tx area?

We had some off and on outage of them in our markets during the cutover from hybrid analog/digital broadcast to full digital and the channels used for the intermet were also getting realigned and all that jazz.

IIRC, there was recently some big outages in the triangle over there (Austin/Houston/Dallas) that was throwing routing and such out of whack for an even larger region (not just Spectrum customers, but routing in general). May be some serious signalling issues that they need to nail down in general over there... perhaps not even actually within Specrum's umbrella to address. For example, if the locals' source delivery system to Spectrum went **bleep**'s up from a storm, Spectrum can't fix that... those locals would need to fix things from their end.

May be worth tracking your modem's signal logs though, to see if anything is out of sorts there... like bonded channels dropping, really erratic signal levels and error rates, etc. that need to be brought to the admin's attention. May not be enough to knacker up generic internet usage, but it could be an indicator of ingress that needs to be investigated.
Observer

There was no storm to knock all the local channel's feeds. I'm pretty sure it is on Spectrum's end.

All channel numbers were changed in the range of  2-99) that morning also. So I think it is on their end.....

I don't like them changing where the channels are either.