N/A

When will Roku exclusive agreement end? Will Apple's Home Pod / Apple TV ever work with Spectrum?

It is frustrating that I have Apple TVs and Smart TVs that work great but have no way to connect my cable subscription to them without buying a Roku or running a line and renting another cable box.  Will the Roku exclusive agreement end soon.  I am thinking of switching carriers to one that are supported by Apple's Single Sign On and iOS TV Provider.  It seems like the Roku technology is lagging behind.  

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: When will Roku exclusive agreement end? Will Apple's Home Pod / Apple TV ever work with Spectrum

Apple  is horrible, you won't see much support until they drop all their proprietary licensing. Not to mention their dropping support unless you keep replacing equipment.

Why did you buy the stuff if it wasn't useable?

All you can do is find a carrier that supports it.

Established Sharer

Re: When will Roku exclusive agreement end? Will Apple's Home Pod / Apple TV ever work with Spectrum

I agree with the poster here...the Apple TV is a superior piece of hardware (in my personal experience), albeit an expensive one. The UI is easier to use and I never ever have signal issues when using it on wifi, unlike some other equipment (Roku...ahem...). Many of us also prefer iTunes to any other app out there.  Most every hardware and software company drops support of their older stuff.

I for one would welcome being able to use the Spectrum TV app of an Apple TV...although I'm not going to hold my breath.