Highlighted
Observer

Way to go Spectrum. Greed wins again.

Thanks for requiring "authorized modems" to have the TWC APP to work. So now we have to rent a modem from you for the app to work. Very crappy move. This renders my Roku boxes useless. Disappointed in you.
15 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Way to go Spectrum. Greed wins again.

Please provide more info...what modem are you using, where did you receive this info? I have a customer owned modem and have 3 Roku devices in my house that all work just fine as of 30 minutes ago.

Observer

The app itself says I need an "authorized modem" and refuses to accept my ID and password. I have 2 roku sticks and a roku 4k ultra and all give me the same message. I stopped renting a modem from Spectrum a couple of years now and yesterday this crap started. Bravo Spectrum. Well done.
Boz
Sharer

Texas501 wrote:
The app itself says I need an "authorized modem" and refuses to accept my ID and password. I have 2 roku sticks and a roku 4k ultra and all give me the same message. I stopped renting a modem from Spectrum a couple of years now and yesterday this crap started. Bravo Spectrum. Well done.

Since TWCTV on Roku still works for reds91185, I'd guess there's another issue going on in your situation, or the problem is specific to your situation or locale.

Is your modem listed at https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/support/internet/twc-compatible-modems.... ?

If yes, I wish you the best in getting the issue resolved.  Please post back after you've contacted support.  Thanks!

Rookie

I can not sign in to my account. What's the problem. it keep rejecting me.

Rookie

having the same problem. What the heck? I have 2 cable boxes in my home and 1 without. All about money.

Established Sharer

There have been many reports of intermittent connection issues with the app in recent weeks and most if not all are due to behind the scenes work being done to eventually migrate everyone to the Spectrum app. Assuming you don't have signal or wifi issues, an unauthorized customer owned modem, or some other localized problem, I would bet the issue has to do with app maintenance.

Observer

Yup, my modem is on that list. Like I said, everything worked until yesterday. "Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in!" The Godfather.
Observer

They'll eventually get to you reds.
Observer

Are you renting one of their modems, or do you have your own?